τέσσερα||four

•I acted like it wasn't
a big deal, but it
was breaking my heart.•

➰ ➰ ➰

➰ ➰ ➰

Heartbreak was never something Gianna thought she'd have to experience. At least not at this point in her life. Yet here she's sat, demanding her heart to explain what she'd done wrong– what she could've changed. What she could do to dispel the pain that's tightening in her chest, and to relieve the pressure put inside her head. All she wanted was to be good enough for someone, for someone to understand how hard she's worked. And the harder she tries to prove herself, the more isolated she begins to feel. Now, there's just a harsh loneliness coming.

Like one of those times when you'd walk the streets or simply sit, aimless and depressed, biting a pencil at your desk. It was a self-absorption with no comfort, a demand for expression with no outlet. A sense of time rushing by, ceaselessly and wastefully– assuaged only by the conviction that there was nothing to waste. Because all efforts and attainments were equally just as valueless. All Gianna wanted was to be a little girl, and to be efficiently taken care of by some yielding, yet superior power. Something stupider, and steadier than herself. The fire blazing in her dark and injured heart seems to glow around her like a flame, eyes dulled brown and lifeless.

She wants what most people want, but she wants it much more fiercely and passionately. In the end, she's only just a human– drunk on the idea that love, and only love, can heal her brokenness.

➰ ➰ ➰

Roberts Residence
a few weeks later

"Are you guys ready?" Stefan questions after putting another bag into the trunk of the car. Gianna bows her head, slowly nodding to her friend before looking back to the front porch. The pots lining the steps used to be filled with the most eye catching colored flowers, but now they're all withering down. Marigolds becoming a foul, dusty yellow and Irises a grim, dark purple. The condition of the flowers reminds Gianna of the state she's in, and she frowns– Because it seems that everywhere she goes, death and pain surely follow.

Sarelle Roberts stands at the doorway, arms crossed over her chest. She watches all three of her children move their stuff out. She utters only a few words, smiling as if nothings changed, "You'll always have a place here, darlings."

At this, Gianna looks back at the rest of her family with an unreadable expression, turning her back on her mother. "There's nothing left for us here."

And there isn't, because Gianna and Treyton have decided to let everything else go. Sarelle Roberts will become just a part of their pasts.

None of the siblings, nor Stefan, say anything as they climb into the car. And as Treyton pulls away from the house, Gianna begins to feel like a part of herself is still standing there on that sidewalk. The more distance that's put between Sarelle and herself, the more she's reminded of the pain in her chest. Clutching her hand in a tight fist, Gianna tries to forgot the pain they've all been through because of their mother.

The brunette twin closes her eyes, attempting to shut off her mind. And as even more distance is put between Gianna and her past, she unknowingly begins to dream of her future.

➰ ➰ ➰

A slightly older version of Gianna stands in a white wedding dress, pale yellow flowers are styled intricately into her hair. Her long brown hair is down in perfect curls, with the side pieces pulled back, by pearls, to frame her face– which is made up with the smallest amount of makeup. And though she's all dressed up and ready to marry a man she loves, Gianna can't help but feel like something within herself is still missing. She hugs her sister and kisses a beautiful blonde on the cheek, before meeting an older looking Treyton outside the room.

With shaky hands, Gianna grabs her brother's elbow and interlocks their arms, refusing to let go. Together the sister-brother duo begin the descent down the walkway to her future husband– butterflies exploding in the brunette's stomach.

The isle is lined with pale blues and yellows, with small douses of light purple flower petals all around. Fairy lights are hung perfectly through the tree canopies, making the moment feel even more magical. The guests are all dressed up and some stare in awe of the brunette beauty, while others simply smile. More lights are strung above all their heads, and they seem to guide her towards something, or someone.

And at the end of the isle, stands a man in all his irritatingly handsome glory. He's in a perfectly tailored suit with small flowers in his left breast pocket, and his brown hair is fashionably styled back. The smile on his face rivals everyone else's, and it only seems to brighten as his bride comes into view. She's the most beautiful women he's ever seen.

Everything was so idyllic– the picture of perfection. And everyone is beyond happy.

♥︎

Joyous laughter fills the air as Gianna is being chased by a handsome man. His arms loop around her waist and with a content smile, he presses a loving kiss to the top of her head. Giggling quietly, Gianna turns in his arms so that her head is laying against his chest– hugging him to her. The couple smiles, and they bask in the comfort of one another. Because they're so unapologetically happy, wrapped up with each other's arms.

"I love you." Gianna hears the man whisper into her hair. And as she looks up into his eyes, she realizes how lucky they are to be here with one another. So totally captivated in the other that nothing can set them apart. Then, as if magnetized, the couple leans into one another and captures each other in a kiss. Both man and his women, in complete and total bliss.

Just seeing the men in her dreams; Gianna Elodie Grace, is enamored.

➰ ➰ ➰

I kept spelling Stefan's
name wrong, so I went
back through the earlier chapters and changed it
to the correct spelling.

If you guys see anymore mistakes, please comment
so I can fix them. :)