δέκα||ten

The thing about
imminent death, is that
it really snaps everything else into perspective

•The thing about imminent death, is that it really snaps everything else into perspective•

➰ ➰ ➰

Music is heard playing throughout the Mikaelson's residence. Rebekah is having her nails polished by an assistant her brother has hired. Kol is standing in front of a full-length mirror, wearing a black evening suit while a tailor adjusts it. Finn and Elijah are also standing around in the room preparing for something. But each one has a big smile on their face as they follow through with their tasks.

"Rebekah?" Kol turns to his sister with a large grin, "Tell me how handsome I am."

"Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled." Rebekah sasses off at her brother, and Finn and Elijah grin at the pair. Suddenly, the door opens and Klaus walks in.
The hybrid stomps up to Rebekah, a scowl on his face.

"You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!"

"Here we go." Rebekah rolls her eyes.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?"

Kol stops him from saying more,
"Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?"

"Oh, go back to staring at yourself."

"And who are you, my father?" Klaus rolls his eyes at his brother.

"No, Kol, but you're in my house."

"Then perhaps we should go outside." The two brothers stare at each other, their chests almost touching. But as Elijah moves to separate the two, Esther walks in.

"Enough! Niklaus, come." Klaus follows his mother into another room.

"Rebekah wasn't even out of her box a day before she tried to ruin my life. What happened to peace, acceptance, family?" Esther glances at him, but doesn't actually make eye contact.

"You put daggers in their hearts. Do you want them to get down on their knees and kiss your feet for reuniting them?" Klaus scoffs at this, and his brow furrows in frustration.

"So it's a crime to want our family to be as we were?"

"You just need to give it time, Niklaus. I've had a thousand years on the other side to be angry and to heal." The Original mother puts a hand on Klaus's shoulder. "I'm here to make sure that this family does the same."

"I still don't understand. I killed you, and you still forgive me."

"It's been my dream for a thousand years that this family could be as one. Forgiveness is not a chore, it's a gift." Esther makes eye contact with her son this time, trying to get a read on his emotions. "Now, who are you bringing to the ball this evening?"