02.

Julie stayed on my mind all through practice, the 3 guys in her studio too

Julie stayed on my mind all through practice, the 3 guys in her studio too. I pop another cherry lollipop in my mouth as I drove to school. The spirit rally was coming up and we were the last act. Cora, who needed a ride to school today, talked about our song "Kiwi" which by far was our loudest song to date. Pulling into the parking lot, I try to listen to Cora but my mind continues to wander. "Cherry?" Cora calls waving her hand in my face. "Yoohoo, Earth to Cherry," I hum looking at my blonde best friend.

"Sorry," I apologize quickly. "My mind was wandering,"

"I noticed," She says teasingly, "What were you thinking about?" She asks curiously

"Julie," I admit. "I went to her house yesterday to check on her and I don't know she seemed really out of it," Cora looks at me funny. "What?"

"I don't know, you've been really worried about Julie the last few days. Anything going on there?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"What? No. Julie is straight and I've known her so long she's basically like the sibling I never had," Cora hums, disbelieving in her voice. "I do not like Julie Molina like that!" I defend. Cora smiles widely. I roll my eyes at her, "Get out of my car," I say pushing her playfully out, she laughs out grabbing her stuff and exiting my car. I lock the vehicle walking into school. Excited buzz was heard around the school for the pep rally later. The first periods went quickly as most teachers were excited as well.

"Welcome, Los Feliz High," Principle Lessa says into the mic. The entire auditorium erupts into cheers. She begins to give the normal boring announcements. I adjust my guitar over my shoulder looking down at the cherry red guitar. The color always stood out to me, even before I was called Cherry, by 8th grade everyone decided cherry was my thing. I smile softly running my fingers over it, listening as Principle Lessa continues her explanation before other groups of teens who perform, and finally she announces Carrie's band's name. A group of girls all dressed in sparkly clothing and bright wigs walk into the middle of the floor. Their music starts, the crowd mumbled excitedly for it. I look over at Cora who twirls her drum stick in her hands watching.

"You know, she may be a raging bitch but her music is good," I comment. Cora nods in agreement. Carrie dances, relishing in the attention. At the end of her performance the entire group stood facing the crowd, Carrie wore a smug look on her face.

"Thank you! Thank you!" She starts, I look back into the crowd. Julie and Flynn stood together only the 3 boys from the other day stood with her watching as well. "Oh! I love you too!" My attention goes back to Carrie who is now addressing the crowd. "Make sure to check out my new youtube video," I roll my eyes but nevertheless admired the hustle. "Oh... Go Bobcats!" She said after a short pause. They walk off and I look over to Harry who was dressed to the t in his normal stagewear. Harry smiles widely in excitement. Principle Lessa calls us up, I make my way to the stage.

Harry begins addressing the auditorium and I begin plucking chords on my guitar. "Los Feliz! How are we doing today?" The crowd cheers. "We're Sevens of Gray! On guitar we have Cherry!" The crowd cheers as I continue with the opening to the song. "On bass we have Oliver!" Oliver joins in on my melody. I look over at him and he smirks. "On drums we have Towns!" Cora twirls her drum sticks in her hand before joining into the opening. "And I'm Harry! Now, we have a song for you, but we aren't going to play it if you give us 50%" The crowds makes noise, "Are you going to give us 50%?" Harry goads. The entire crowd disagrees making Harry smile widely. The beat picks up. "This is Kiwi!" Harry finally says and we continue the melody, I close my eyes enjoying the sounds of us playing together. Finally, we slow the melody, readying to enter the song completely.