08.

I follow Julie out after a second of standing with the boys

   I follow Julie out after a second of standing with the boys. "That was cold," I say and the girl sighs. I shake my head and sigh knowing nothing I say will really help the situation. She sits on the couch grabbing a few books to work on some homework. I sit on the chair beside the couch with a pair of headphones in listening to some music quietly. Suddenly Alex and Reggie poof in the room. I take a headphone off looking up at them.

   "Hey, uh, you got a second?" Alex asks and Julie ignores them. She drops her books on the sofa in an effort to ignore them.

   "Oh my gosh, she can't see us anymore," Reggie says suddenly I laugh and Alex gives him a blank look, walking over to Julie. "Oh right," He says. Alex sits on the arm of the couch and I pat my arm of my chair for Reggie. He moves over sitting on the arm of the couch right next to me.

   "Julie, please," Alex says and Julie looks up.

   "I already told you that I am done with the band,"

   "Yeah, we know, alright," Alex says, "But before you decide that forever, we just...we wanted you to know that Luke isn't as selfish as you think he is," Alex explains

   "Yeah, you got him all wrong," Julie scoffs looking back down at her books

   "You remember that song "Emily"?" Alex asks "Can we at least show you who its actually about?" This catches Julie's attention. Alex and Reggie bring us to a house, a little bit away from Julie's house. I park down the road and we get out. We hide behind bushes as the boys point out the older woman and her husband. They looked familiar I just couldn't figure out why I remembered them.

   "So Emily's his mom?" Julie asks

   "Yeah," Alex says, "Luke comes here a lot,"

   "He thinks we don't know but, we've been following him," Reggie says, I start to tear up watching Luke sit on the counter crying. "All he does is just hang out like this and watch them. They never really do anything though," Reggie informs us.

   "They're having cake," Julie says in a solemn tone. "That's something,"

   "It's a... it's a birthday cake for Luke," Reggie says

   "I never knew Luke was hurting this much," Julie says

   "It's even worse because when he died, he left on bad terms. You know his parents didn't want their 17-year-old in a rock band," Julie looks over to me and I wipe my face looking forward. "So he just left," We watch Luke get up from the counter and walked over to the table where his parents sat lighting the candles to his birthday cake. "He never got the chance to make up with them," Luke blows out the candle and his parents look around, almost as if they could feel him.

   "That's why Luke was so angry, if Trevor had given Luke credit for writing all the songs then," Reggie sighs, and I reach out for him taking his hand into mine. "Then his parents would've known his dream was worth chasing,"