10.

The revelation changed the dynamic between the boys and me

The revelation changed the dynamic between the boys and me. Alex became invested in my entire life, I explained a lot to him about our parents and how I was raised. Luke wondered whether the band was the reason I became invested in music, he wasn't extremely convinced when I told him that I didn't know they even existed and took every opportunity to tease me. Reggie though... Reggie was distant. He seemed to think I missed the glances he stole or that missed how he vanished when I would walk in the room. Luke tried to say that Reggie was just going through a hard time but I knew it was because of Alex and my relation. "Cherry?" Julie waved her hand in my face. I blink a few times looking at her. "Are you okay?" She asked

"What? Uh... Yeah," I answer her after a moment. She doesn't look convinced. "It's just Reggie," I say "He's been acting weird, ever since we found out about Alex being my brother he just kind of... well he just ghosted me," She frowns.

"Reggie is weird," She says, "But he's Reggie, he'll come around," She assures me.

"I hope so," I mutter, shutting the door to my locker and walking Julie to hers. We spoke for a few more minutes. Julie shuts her locker and Luke was standing there.

"Hey," Luke greets. Julie groans as she jumps.

"Normal people don't do that and ghosts definitely shouldn't," Julie tells the ghost stood in front of her.

"It's Luke, he's not normal," I whisper to Julie and she hums. "See you two at home?" I ask and they both nod. "Bye Julie!" I say and hear Luke whine about me not saying goodbye to him. I roll my eyes but don't look back at the two.

   I sat in my English class

I sat in my English class. I tried my best to keep my eyes open as my teacher droned on about some novel that I was meant to have read that I didn't. "Cherry?" I hum "Cherry," I look over to my side to see Reggie.

"Reggie?" He smiles a wide. I stare at him for a moment taking in his features. I smile slightly, "What are you doing here?" I ask quietly. Reggie grabs my hands pulling me from my desk. I follow him as we run through the hallway. "Reggie?" I ask and he still doesn't answer my questions. "What the hell," I whisper. When we get out of the school he stops.

"I had to see you," He says I give him a weird look. "I just wanted to tell you-" My eyes snapped open before he could finish his sentence. My classmate stood over me with her stuff.

"Class is over," She tells me giving me a smile. I thank her.

"What the hell," I say wiping my eyes and echoing my dream. I breathe in gathering my stuff and exiting my class as fast as I could. I was dreaming about him, I knew I liked him but to dream about him. "Oh my god..." I whisper pulling out my phone texting Cora a 9-1-1 and calling me when she gets it. I wipe my eyes again as I move to my next class. I make it to the door before I pause and turn and head straight for the doors. I shoot a text to Julie telling her I would be back when school was over. I immediately make my way to my car and push my key in. The hum of the car was enough to make me exhale. I back out of my spot and head straight toward the beach. I stay in my car and watch the waves crash against the sand. I tap my hands over my steering wheel and suddenly my phone rings. Cora's name flashed over the screen. I answer it.

"9-1-1?" She answers

"I dreamed of him," I respond. She gasps dramatically and I laugh at how she sounded. "I don't dream about people I like!" I say

"What happened in your dream? Are you going to tell him?" She asks quickly and I think for a second.

"I don't know..." I answer "I fell asleep in class, he came in and pulled me out and was about to tell me something but then I woke up. I don't think he wants to talk to me though," I tell her, the end of my sentence falling down an octave as I think about how our relationship had been as of late.

"Why?" She asks

"It's hard to explain..." I trailed off. "I found out I had a brother, he passed away 20 years ago," I pause and you can hear her confusion. "He kinda got weird after we found out,"

"Why?" I shrug even though I know she couldn't hear it. I hum the sound of I don't know. "Maybe you should talk to him, gauge how he might react, and tell him. You deserve to be happy and if he's good for you then it'll all work out,"

"You're right," I say

"I always am," She answers "I've got to go, my grandmother is back and she wants to go to lunch,"

"Alright, I'll see you soon," I end and she responds, and promptly the phone beeps. I lean my head back against the seat closing my eyes and promptly falling back into a dreamless sleep. When my eyes open back up again I pull out my phone to check the time. I had about 20 minutes to get back to school. I wipe my eyes free of my sleep and I turn up the air conditioner and pull out of my spot and make my way back to the school.

 I wipe my eyes free of my sleep and I turn up the air conditioner and pull out of my spot and make my way back to the school

I pull into the school lot seeing Julie and Flynn standing outside. Once they spot my car they make their way over. I unlock the doors and both girls get in. "Where did you go?" Julie asks as I begin the drive back to the house. Flynn had to get ready for the party she was planning with Ray and I promised I'd help.

"I went to the beach," I admit looking over at the smaller girl. "I don't know school just was too much so I went to clear my head," I explain and both girls glance at each other then back at me.

"Does this have something to do with the 17-year-old ghost who is always wearing a flannel and leather jacket?" Flynn asks. I don't answer but I can feel their wide smiles. "Yeah, I thought so," I smile softly at the smug sound in her voice.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I say my smile drops. "Not like he feels the same so it doesn't matter," I shrug and both girls scoff loudly. I look at both of them as they mirrored each other.

"Reggie is head over heels for you," Julie argues. "Seriously he is so attentive, it's weird," She dramatically shivers and I roll my eyes. "He feels the same," She says with 100% certainty.

"I hope so," I respond and we fall into silence.