chapter 34

Everyone were in the lounge minding there own buisness when yami came in and told the news "theres a big festival in town tonight.

Finral was the one to explain the festival, the announcement of stars and the winning squad to the public and many people enjoy the festival "its called the star festival" yami states.

Malachite looked up from his book and hummed softly he then looked at the others then stood up as they then made their way out. Malachite only followed not really liking such....crowded places

They all arrived later on and Everyone were already heading in different directions. Malachite only followed
asta "theres so many things here to do man I wish the others from the church were here" asta sighed softly. "Meh I dont like gathering like this" malachite mumbles "aw come on have some fun with me malachite" asta pouts. Malachite loomed at his face the blushed softly as he sighed in defeat "fine...only cus I cant say no to that face" malachite smiled as he held astas cheeks a bit and pinched them slightly as asta grinned.

"I suppose I can walk with you asta" Noelle states being the painfully tsundere she was. "Heey!" One called and they saw kahono and kiyato

"Been a while" malachite smiled crossing his arms a bit "how did you guys get here?" Noelle as ked "bow bow here asked for finral to pick them up" malachite points out.

"Wow so this is what a land festival is like...its amazing" kiyato smiled looking around. "You brought your foot right?" Asta asked "yeah I preserved it in magic water but why did you ask me to bring it?" Kiyato asked in confusion asta only smiled and opemed and bottle and some of the queens magic recovery spell went out and healed both kahonos voice and kiyatos foot and they were both so happy.

Malachite smiled at them and chuckles slightly. Kahono only then began to sing again and the people around her only began to cheer. "Lets make the most of this festival!" Kahono exclaims, magna came in and states he was gonna light up some fireworks then saw the situation "theres two guys and two girls...vut one additional guy" magna mumbles "malachite your coming with me" magna smiled "why?" Malachite frowned slightly "cus ya dont have a partner now come on!" Magna only then dragged malachite off.

Malachite grumbles "hey what wad that for?" He exclaims. "Asta was my partner!" Malachite huffs "no hes a dude and ya know he's got a lady friend and they are up for a double date" magna smirks. Malachite looked at him for a moment then frowned slightly 'a doible date?....asta and kahono?' He thought in his head and looked down fustrated then scratched his head 'aaaaAAAGH WHY DOES THERE HAVE TO BE ANOTHER GIRL TO GET IN MY WAY TO WINNING ASTAS HEART!?' He cried out in his head and held his heart ache. "So...uh magna what do you think of the idea of uh...two guys going...out?" Malachite asked. Only finral, charmy, and vanessa and even captain yami know of Malachites interest in asta. "Well same as its always been one guy and one girl never heard of two guys going out like that, besides them being bros...why?" Magna asked curiously.

"U-uh nevermind its stupid" malachite sighed as he followed magna. He only watched from afar anf saw from a far how close kahono is being so close to asta. Kahono definitely shipped asta and Noelle

Malachite crossed his arms amd layed his head on his arms as he looked out then looked at magna then slowly made his way into the crowd. He looked around and felt so tense being all alone, he then looked to see a bouquet of white roses that had abit of Grey at the ends.

He only took a rose and bought it, he didnt feel like being so extra so he thought maybe a pretty rose might be perfect for asta. He blushed slightly thinking of all the things he could be doing with asta at the festival some.perverted but others romantic. He then made his way amd loomed all around for asta.  Then found him doing some sort of show with the others, malachite watched and couldnt help but giggle a bit. "Hes so stupid" he
mumbles

The group only then found the lost girls mother and Noelle stood with confidence and talked down to all the other nobles who judged so much. Malachite looked at her she was so brave, and confident and a girl...a very pretty girl. Malachite only felt his stomach churn abit as he looked at the rose he was gonna give asta. (A/N I went with the meaning of everlasting love for the white rose)

He only was going to walk to as ta and was going to tap his shoulder but

"If I have to say your pretty great, I like you alot noelle" asta smile. Malachite stopped asta turned around and saw nothing there, malachite had vanished into an alley way. Malachite looked at the rose and felt so jealous and sad he only walked out of thealleyway and kept walking before he bumped into a noble spinning their wine on them. The noble grew VERY angry, malachite looked and flinched and felt the sting on his face.

Malachite looked at the crowd who stared making malachite panicked and ran his way out of the festival still holding his cheek. He didnt have asta to save him then

Malachite panted as he sat down by a tree and looked down seeing that the black muck he called tears started falling it usually happened when he was stressed which he was. He saw the grass below him begin to wither away he never really felt this alone since before he had met asta. He was so dependent to him he didnt know if it was a good or bad thing.

He scolded himself for acting like such a whiny girl. He only took a deep breath and sighed softly as he stood up and stretched abit. He then walked back into the festival, he then loomed down and felt a tap on his shoulder he looked around for a moment then saw someone signaling malachite to follow him which made malachite confused but he followed then saw the captain of the golden dawn "William vangence...whats a guy like you dont here?" Malachite asked

"I came to see the infamous no grimoire user"