chapter 48

Malachite was in bed resting while the rest of the group were all passing out food for people to restore their Mana. Malachite looked up at the ceiling him having to not be able to sleep well mainly for the reason he had visions of that devil the pain he felt when fusing with that thing. He was worried for Asta tho, he didnt want him to die anyhow.

He sighed softly and closed his eyes 'malachite' he heard someone say making malachite open his eyes and look around. He only then grumble in slight annoyance as he looked at his hands. They changed he had shape ish nails and the black that used to be on his nails had spread to his fingertips. He stood up and climbed onto his wheelchair then rolled to his mirror and looked at himself. The red webs were smaller and he hand bright red eyes with stars in his irises. Then he looked at the horn on his forehead that was still there. He tch'ed and shook his head as he only then sensed trouble.

He looked up at sky

Meanwhile

Asta was in trial with Nero the nobles all judging and saying nonsense damnatio went to whisper in astas ear "either you are convicted as a devil or all the magic knights will pay for their sins" he states "you clearly cant abandoned others, according to the scales your simple minded, its obvious where the scale will tip unless you tell me where the devils are" damnatio said

Asta looked up at him and thoughts of malachite

"Astaaaa" malachite smiled
"Heheh"

Asta gulps and huffs hes gone we defeated him I told you that!" Asta said in frustration. Asta tried to explain but hero covered his mouth warning him that they might twist what he says. They then brought Marie who was accused for being involved in the disaster.

With malachite

His instincts only told him to head out now. He only closed his eyes and opened them to be in his form again at least half of it. He only appeared to launch the mages who were going to fire at Marie into the walls he over did it abit but he heard many gasps. Asta looked and frowned "malachite what are you doing here" asta frowned "they'll hurt you" Asta yelled. "I appreciate you holding me but I dont want anyone to be excused of anything im doing my part" malachite states looking at damnatio who looked at malachite in disgust.

. malachite looked like he was accepting it. He looked like he had a plan tho asta would have to trust him to it. Asta trusted malachite more then anything

Sooner or later news only spread of the devil and its follower, asta and them.being in trial. In news papers that many read of the trial in the making

The chruch
"Lies lies!!" The father exclaims

Prison

"Oops I knew there was something about those two"

Other places

"Not malachite he cant take the blame and neither does asta" Klaus mumbles glaring at the papers.

The parlament

Malachite looked at them "showing your true face you monster" damnatio mumbles the trial still going on. Malachite looked at him and nods "I say turn up and facing my crimes head on could be the only bravest thing a person can do" malachite mumbles. "asta...im scared" marie mumbles "you'll be fine marie i promise" asta smiled softy "we arent gonna let them hurt you" malachite said glancing at Marie who flinched slightly but looked at malachite and nods with a small smile.