chapter 40

Malachite looked down as he hid in the forests near the tournament he still wanted to support his comrades in the tournament but he wont do it up front he didnt want to be looked at so he hid in the trees amd leaned onto the tree. He closed his eyes and waited till the match started. He didnt realize he fell asleep

"That boy isnt he from the bigsberry village? The one the nobles got rid of for more space for their companies?" A noble woman whispers. A small malachite walked down the streets of the town close to what used to be his home the poor kid. He then searched in the trash he was at least 8 being only a few months after the massacre.

Malachite found something and yelps as a rock was throw at him. Malachite only growled softly and bit the kids hand in the end making the kid cry out for their mama. The woman got mad a through a water spell at malachite. It kept on like that for months of 'are they nice or are they not?'  only a few weeks before his 9th birthday.

Malachite felt almost dead at that point as he walked through the streets again as he was grabbed "hey look its the rat whos been tainting our beloved town we should put him to his place with the rest of those peasants from that poor village" one spatted holding malachite as he struggles.

They all played with malachite till malachite looked at the pendant one was wearing and it belonged to one of his caretakers. They were using it as damn bottle opener, "give me that its mine!" Malachite yelled out but was kicked. And laughed at "that old woman wouldnt stop hollering, that land of yours was what us nobles had the right to have they didnt pay what they needed to pay and they were wiped off the face of the earth for it cus of it huh kid? It was bound to happen, it gives more room for the nobility who deserve rich soils like that and this town is just the perfect candidates to receive all that was given to us serves them right so they die like the filthy digs they are" the man using the pendant states as he grabbed the magic item that was on Malachites face "look at his eyes....like the devil I knew theybwere hiding something" a woman whispers. Malachite only screamed out to give it back.

Malachites eyes widen a bit "you....destroyed my home....for your own well beings they werebthe nicest people....ever" he whispers and grew angry. The most angry he had ever felt and let out a huge amount of Mana and a loud angry roar. A black mana only seethed out of his eyes like smoke and it wrapped itself around him, The people screamed malachite looked at the people and attacked but everything went blank for malachite.

Malachite opened his eyes to look at the field seeing asta was using his dark form again making him look in amazement. He then felt someone behind him he knew who it was "what do you want vanessa?" Malachite asked. Vanessa sighed and shook her head "you know I dont know what ticked you off but dont listen to what the king says i know your more then that kiddo" Vanessa pats Malachite's head.

Malachite didn't look at her and sighed softly "give me time and I'll be back..." Malachite whispers softly. Vanessa only nods "alright kiddo im sure asta will be very happy to see your back" she teased malachite looked at vanessa with a bright red face. Making the witch laugh in amusement "man you've got to tell asta how you feel at some point" vanessa giggled. Malachite pouts and looked away "not yeet" malachite whined.

Vanessa only nods and made her way back.

He watched as asta won making him smiled happily seeing him. "The back bulls and the countless amount of people asta has helped" he chuckles softly amd blushed "I want to maybe be saved by him too Hehehehehe like a knight in shining armoooor!" Malachite blushed and rolled around a bit then saw that finral is up. He was, vs his young brother and Leopold was in finrals team as well so malachite knew who to c heer for. What concerned him is the magic within langris.