Bernadetta X Male Reader || Sitting In A Tree

Edelgard told me when I first came here that Bernie was the hardest to get along with, and yet here I am. With her clinging to my arm like a sloth holding onto an tree.

"Hey, get up already my arms falling asleep" I move her head away from my arm, but she just continues to hold on. Not saying anything, just continuing to cling to me.

"C'mon, you can't expect me to stay here all day... I got classes too." I look over to her, hoping she'll let go for once. Yeah she's cute as a teddy bear, but at a certain point her shyness gets more annoying then endearing.

"B-But-!"

"Bernie... I'm not always gonna be around Y'know? You gotta get used to a life without me." I rub her head, almost like she's my daughter, despite the fact she's a tad older than me.

"A-Alright, I-I'll go bother someone else...!" I see her run away, and I try to catch up to her but Edelgard stops me.

"Y/N! I have something of upmost importance to talk with you with!" She grabs me by the shoulder, trying to stop me.

"Look, I've got my own matters to attend to Edelgard. Go talk to someone else" I try and move her hand from my shoulder, but she grips harder from some reason.

I see Bernadetta running further and further until she's barely visible, just a tiny speck in the stones of the monastery. "Damn it..."

\(////)\

Great Tree Moon, 27th Day, 1185

I wish I could've stopped Bernie. Soon after, I left the monastery, not really caring about what the others thought... and after that, well, the academy fell. And I haven't seen Bernie since. Apparently the professor reappeared and is helping the Leicester Alliance. I can only hope they'll spare each other when their paths eventually meet.

I hear a knock at my door, somewhat skeptical as to who, or what it could be I grab an axe. I take a peak out of my window, to my shock it was Byleth, with Claude and Mercedes by her side.

I crack open the door, lowering my voice so they wouldn't recognize me. "Yeah, who's there?"

"Very funny Y/N, you really shouldn't use that trick against the person who coined it." Claude put his foot in the crack and pushed the door open. "Nice place... Is this your couch?"

"Yea... Alright so what is it you need help with?"

"We're having a bit of a war, you might've heard about It. Well, we sorta need your help. This next battle... It's a bit of a big one. And then there's another thing we need you to do." Byleth and Mercedes took a seat, seemingly trying to avoid both of us.

I narrow my eyes, cautious as to what plan Claude has cooked up. They wouldn't go to me as a combatant if Faerghus was on their side, and I'm guessing they are since Mercie is here. I'm gonna assume that my specific job isn't something they themselves know how to handle.

"What's your angle here...?"

"You're the only former Black Eagle not fighting for Edelgard, if you can get even one of them to stop fighting us that'd be great. We'd like a to avoid killing our former classmates if possible."

"You do know I didn't end on the best of terms with then right? Would they even listen to me?"

"Bernadetta might" He pulled the one card I'm not able to beat, this mischievous little shit... I sigh and stand up to shake his hand, slightly annoyed, but also hopeful since this means Bernie's still alive.