Shauntal x Male Reader || I Want This Ghost-Writer

Another purple haired character, even if there's not a lot to work with in this situation

Also word of warning this chapter is gonna be kinda weird. I thought it'd be interesting to write the same story through two perspectives. So it switches from Shauntal to Y/N like half way.

===============================

"Yo!" I hear a challenger coming up the stairs, a young man appears from below as the ghost Pokémon around me begin to do their work lighting the candles as he walks to the arena

"There's a man who wanders the world, beating every opponent before him. He speaks no words yet his Pokémon understand him all the same...."

"...Pardon?"

"That's a passage I wrote in one of my novels. I love writing about the bond between Pokémon and trainer. Ah, forgive me I'm the ghost type user of the Elite 4, Shauntal. I will be your opponent"

"Well, if that's the case, sorry to say but this battle should be pretty easy." As soon as he said that I could see his face drop as the rest of the ghosts began doing things that are generally seen as spooky. Flying books, flames lighting up spontaneously, seeing someone so awestruck by these is always a joy. I send out Chandelure, ready to battle.

"Huh, that's pretty wild..." He send out a Milotic, likely hoping to end this battle as fast as possible.

"First impressions are important!"

Hard as I tried I could only faint his Milotic, something about this challenger is different. The bond between him and his pokemon, his general nature. It all sticks out to me for some reason. It might be great for a future story

"I'm at a loss for words, I'm a writer but I can't properly express what I feel. You're truly incredible!" I bow as I say this, as the teleporter lights up.

"That was pretty fun in all honesty, I'll be back after I beat the champion for another bout." Just as he was about to leave, he saw a chalk board and drew a little doodle of Milotic with a speech bubble above it's head saying I'll be back.

"Alright, see ya Shuantal...!" He stepped into the teleporter and the room grows quiet without his quips and jokes.

"Well, he's certainly odd isn't it." The man left before I could tell him the board was a ditto to help add to the opening theatrics. I saw the ditto turn back, marks all over its face. I couldn't help but laugh at the situation.

"Oh my... Well, I suppose I'll make the next impression even better." I sat down on the floor, the ghosts coming out of hiding. "My mind is racing with ideas...! This'll be fun!" I rested my Pokémon, they deserved it after the battle they just went through.

After maybe 20 minutes I could feel the ground shaking a tad bit. Knowing that the trainer would be back sooner than later I began work on the next entrance flair. I planned it out with the Ghastly and Haunter's, this time I'd have the candles light up blue, the paper of the ground would fold into origami instead of floating around, maybe I should let some will'o wisps float around during the battle, there should be an eerie piano in the background-!

"Yo! I'm back!" I heard the same trainers voice from before coming up the stairs. The ghosts went back to their positions, not doing the theatrics this time since there wasn't really time.

"Oh hello-! Ah wait- Uh-Ooh...." I blank for a bit as I try and think up another appropriate quote from one of my novels. "Th-There's a story of- Crap I need to get my stronger Pokémon...!" My mind was so focused on the specifics I'd forgotten even the most basic part of a battle, the battle itself.