Chapter 26: we lose our sh*t

I suppose Hazelline doesn't hate me then.Huh.

Two buff Kree people approach us as Daisy sniggers on the other end,at Hazel's last statement,which I was hoping would go missed. My jaw collides with the smooth round wall with such impact that it knocks out my earpiece.Owww.Well at least I didn't phase. I twist my head to see where it falls and put my foot over it.Hopefully it sticks.

Cuffs bind my wrists for the umpteenth time. I'd like to say I never missed the feeling of the constant chafing,but then I'd be lying.Because deep down,I still believe I deserve it.

"Take them to the showers."One of the big blue people said in plain English. You mean to tell me I learnt an alien language for nothing?

Well at least the sign boards and stuff is in Kree.My effort wasn't completely wasted.

We're dragged through the dirt-stricken corridors and no one even stops to stare.They seem to lobotomised to notice our presence. Some look up,detecting our difference but carry on unbothered just the same.

All I can see and feel is lost hope in the battered sea of different coloured faces.

They survived.

I want to give them a chance to live.

I want to tell them it will be fine soon but they would never believe me.They'd long since given up.

I knew how that felt,too well. It physically pained me to stare at their grief-stricken eyes that had lost even the slightest glimmer of light. I hated how there had been no one for them.

They deserved better.

We're pushed into a metal chamber."Take off your outer garments and place them in the rack,we will sanitise and return them."The female robot voice echoes.It sounds like that one strict teacher at school who cares most for your skirt-length than anything else.To be more accurate,it sounded like Umb*tch also known as Umbridge,from Harry Potter.

Well at least they recycle.

Hazelline and I don't speak. I almost forgot Ariefli was here too,amidst the t e n s i o n.

There was nothing to say after all.

Also it isn't very natural to strike up conversation when your just in a bra,vest top and pants,especially when the other person seems to-. I don't know,maybe she was trying to be funny. Well at least she doesn't hate me.

After a minute, jet streams of odourless liquid the thickness of wallpaint bombards our flesh from every part of the walls,staining us orange. Orange is my least my favourite colour so I hope it fades as soon as possible.

One of the wall panels slid to the side,revealing cubicles of towels and bins with our sanitised clothes.All of the food and blue we'd smuggled on our person was gone. 

I mean it was stupid of us to leave them there but oh well,we were too used to doing as we were told.The school system did produce workers after all. Anyway now isn't the time to attack that.

As I pulled on the duck grey clothes I felt the full brunt of the lack of moisturiser due to the added friction I was experiencing. I had grown accustomed to such commodities.

This is the thing about the human body,if you keep giving it something it will adapt to it . 

I notice the others struggling to get their clothes on. They must've been good girls when they were here.

On the other hand,I have no difficulty in clothing myself with cuffed wrists.A perfectly normal skill to effortlessly display of course. 

They help each other out as I scour the bins for any trace of the things we'd brought from the Zephyr.No such luck though. I would've helped but they'd finished by the time I got there.Sure.That's what it was.

The chamber doors open on the opposite side of our entry and we come face to face with a hologram woman who has all her pink hair piled neatly atop her purple head with metal threads entwining it. It didn't look very nice nor secure but it must be fashionable or pretty in their standards because her hands kept swiping at her hair,which signified that she wanted our attention on it.

I guess all that behavioural patterns observations came to good use.

"You three girls are in big trouble!"She said and suddenly I felt like a little year 8 trying to skip the lunch queue who got caught."Luckily Tsirani here tipped us off before you could do any further harm,entering the control centre like that! For his efforts he will be rewarded however he has made too many previous mistakes.For that,he will be imprisoned with his brother who he fought so dearly for."

"What! No! You said-"Skylar's voice sounded off-view.

"I am not a guardian to keep my word boy."She said sternly.Her coal eyes burned with rage at the smallest statement."Alright! Now what shall we do with you? How about 1 month braindoom with extended duty."

Ariefli and Hazel resembled progressively more like zombies as each word left her mouth.I gather Braindoom must be bad.

I wait for Daisy to say something in my ear but all I can hear is distorted crackles(I'd stealthily slipped it on whilst pulling on the uniform). Ariefli and Hazel give me a look. The orange liquid must've killed our tech.

"Thank you for your kindness Ma'am."I say,in hope that she will sway her opinion.Then I remebered the risks of being noticed but the words had already left my mouth.

"Awww.I like that one."She cooed."What's your name sweetheart?"

"I don't remember ma'am."I replied.No one here looked like they would.

"Aww you poor thing.In honour your gratitude I shall grant you and your pitiful team a packet of food for your stay in brain doom and one of the weeks will be replaced with serving."

Hazel's face lit up at the statement.

"Thank you your graciousness."I said,faking utter delight.

"Now off with you."She said and we were dragged through the corridors once more.

I'm sick and tired of this sh*t. I want to be in charge of myself. Please?

Universe? Can you hear me?

Can anyone hear me?

I'm drowning.

((Thank you for reading!))