Chapter 16:meeting my first alien

((With no further a do, I present... an update <3.  :))))  above is a picture of the queen of the sovreigners to give you an idea of what Ariefli would look like.Who's Ariefli? I guess you'll find out soon enough :) ))

"Grammarly does more than catch errors."the ad announced as I impatiently waited to press the skip button. "Then what does it do?Catch flies as well."I said out loud,thoroughly annoyed by the repetitive ad.You would be too if it's pretty much the only ad on the tablet.

You're probably wondering about a lot of things. After the Director Coulson found out about SPEG he contacted Fury who started with,"I'm supposed to be dead and retired.You better have a good reason for this Coulson..." And that's all he said until Coulson stepped out of the way to reveal me.

I was fuming to find out that SPEG didn't even exist and it was actually just S.H.I.E.L.D.On the other hand I felt priviledged to be in a mini organisation that was made for me. I felt pretty special.

Then they just caught up with each other and I felt like a six-year-old waiting for my mum to get off the call so I can ask her if I can watch tv.

Then Fury asked to talk to me,Coulson gave me the good luck look when the teacher asks to speak to you after class. "Kiara Darren. Never in a million years did I think we'd see each other again."

"Then what was the training for?"I asked.

"To join SHIELD if you wanted to.I know I stopped the program after your injury but I'm offering you a position in SHIELD now."

I froze in that moment.Did I want people chasing me again? Did I want to take the risk of being taken into another place where they would... I know I could defend myself but what if they do capture me? If I say no can I still stay here?I don't exactly have anywhere else to go.

I felt myself flickering and willed myself solid. What happened to the girl that wanted to make a good difference? Did all the torture break her?

I'd been living with them a month when I accepted a position in SHIELD.And I can tell you, it was the best decision I'd ever made.

Yesterday they all went on some mission. I still live in the containment room,more so that people can't get in rather than I can't get out.

It's been a month since I became an official part of their team, however I wasn't allowed on the mission.They deemed it too risky as they were dealing with aliens.More specifically,the Kree.

When they got back,they brought about 5 people who are in the containment rooms too.

One of them had blue skin and another was totally gold and another had pink skin.The other one looked human but I'm certain they're not. Why would aliens want normal humans?

At least that's what I thought till I found out the origin of the inhumans.Turns out,I'm an inhuman and so is Daisy, which is very very cool.And an actual reason for my insane powers,courtesy of the Kree.

The Kree just keep meddling with everyone.

***

"Hey Kiara!"A voice sounded as I was engrossed in a game of among us.

"Aaaah!"

"Oh I'm sorry.I didn't mean to scare you."

Well you did Daisy."It's alright."

"So we have some new people here and I thought I'd train you to ask them the right questions?"

"We're gonna interrogate them?"

"No.I am and you're gonna take notes."

Just let me do stuff woman!Well at least I get to leave this room.They been on mission for weeks and Daisy's just got back.

Yes, I'm mad at her for leaving me behind.But it was in my best interest and I have a new vending machine,which makes 3 in total in my room?I got my second one the day I joined SHIELD.Guess it has it's perks.

I'm getting a little sick of being inside Zephyr One in the lighthouse – which is a secret base ,in England I'm guessing. They took the smaller,not-as cool ones.

Zephyr One is my home but I can't wait to go into the outside world - at least just to make sure this isn't all a dream.

***

We were in another containment capsule.The gold-skinned person was in here.By gold,I mean literal gold.

"Ok let's start.Name?"

"My name is Ariefli."Ariefli said.

"Age?"

"18."

"Race or planet?"

"Sovereign." OH MY GODS, I have just met my first alien!

"So how did you get involved with the Kree?"Ok open-ended questions.Daisy I'm bored I already know this stuff.

"I-. Where there's extreme wealth,there's extreme poverty and inequality.I just needed to find and deliver them people and that's it,my family could be cured and brought out of the underpalace."Huh that sounds rough.

"What do you mean by cured?"

"In the underpalace we're trapped as they've got us hooked on the blue.And we have to always do exactly as the superiors say or they'll cut our supply and we'll perish.The only way to escape is to drink the cure.I'm immune to blue and so was my little brother Inko .But we couldn't do anything without getting Piela and Mieno.Piela's our littlest and Mieno's 20.Our parents are a lost cause."

Daisy looked at Ariefli to carry on.

"They sold themselves to a superior just so we would be allowed to study."Ariefli paused and took a deep breath before carrying on,"Piela got adopted as a playmate.She gets paid in tonnes of blue and little trinkets.Mieno -.Mieno.He works at the underplace part-time, other wise he's a companion.It's a curse to be beautiful. I always covered our faces in ash after Mieno got taken into that."

"How old is your little brother?"

"He was 12.They killed him.I said I didn't want the stupid cure anymore after I saw what they did to Piela's playmate Yaldava but a contract is a contract.For further insurance they took my family to 268 and I haven't seen them since."

"268? The one after eye of 543?"

"Yes."

Daisy muttered something under her breath before announcing it was time to leave.