Chapter 2:another prison

"This girl is the 084?"

I'm being referred to as a number now?Honestly?

Even last week's,especially harsh stay,didn't refer to me as a number.

"I have a name you know?"I say to the group in a circle,sitting up on the bed.I'm in a place that's basically a bigger version of the containment chamber,with a bed and a couch.This time there's another person here."QUAKE?"

"Yes.That's me.Though I prefer Daisy."

"Ok Qua- Daisy.I'm like such a fan.You're amazing and I'm not sure if you get told that enough,so here it is.And can I have your autograph?How old are you?Do you live here?Why did you kidnap me?I thought you were a good person?"the words come out faster than I realise they would be able to comprehend.

"Slow down there turbo.Mack by the way."Mack is the dark-skinned,muscly guy.He smells like a mechanic – well he smells like cars and oil.It's refreshing to smell something other than a clinical environment and hotels.He holds out his hand to shake.

I'm not risking that,even though he seems nice."Hello Mack."I say instead so I don't come off as rude.These people don't seem like the others.I internally facepalm at how quickly I put my guard down.

I inch backwards on my bed.What is that incessant beeping?

Oh.A heart rate monitor.

"We've got some questions for you."Quake,no Daisy,said.

"Sorry.Stranger danger."

"That rule didn't apply like 2 seconds ago.Hmm?"

"Well you were my favourite superhero 2 seconds ago and now you're my kidnapper who has put me in a white prison."I retort.

She chuckles."Point taken.You ever heard of s.h.i.e.l.d?"

"Maybe once."

"Where'd you hear it?TV?"

"I don't think so.I can't quite remember which one, but one of my kidnappers said something about it once."

"What do you mean by one of your kidnappers?"

"Why should I tell you anything?"

"Well..."

"You haven't done anything to earn my trust."

"We fixed you up."

"They all do.Then they start the torture."I said bitterly.

"If you answer our questions we can make sure no one else kidnaps you."

"Sorry.Fat chance."I say very unapologetically.

"What would it take to earn your trust?"

"I don't know if it can be earnt anymore...but I might answer you questions if...you keep the scientists away..."I shudder at the thought of the scientists."And...find Kai Dallagher."some of it was because of him after all.

Mack and Daisy exchanged a look."Alright done.We'll get Kai Dallagher and keep the scientists away."

"Also one more thing?"

"Yes?"

"Can you silence the heart rate monitor?"

"Sure."

Finally some peace and quite.