Chapter 28:separation anxiety

(narrator pov)

"Daisy.Daisy!"Mack said.He'd almost lost his patience in trying to reach the most perseverant person he knew.

"Huh?Uh sorry,I guess I just zoned out a little."Daisy replied,rubbing her eyes which just won't focus on the goddam* screen. It would probably help if she stopped insisting on working herself to the bone everyday.

"Look.I get it.But remember they're immune to the blue and- You're not listening are you."Mack sighed.

"Sorry.I'm just trying to-"

"Daisy.Just stop and take a look at yourself."

Daisy carried on typing,"Yeah sure,once I just calibrate the zephyr's-"

"Daisy."Mack shook her shoulders.

"What?"

"Have you even eaten drank anything that isn't caffeinated or super sugary today?"Mack said,concerning shining in his eyes.

"I've drunk water."Daisy's sleepless eyes lit up,"Water! Water has memory! Fitz,Simmons everyone,I have an idea. Meet me at HQ in 10."This could be it.They could get everyone back!

"Nope.No one's doing that. First everyone's meeting in the kitchen and I'm making all of you eat."Mack stated firmly into the audiopiece.

Daisy groaned,"Look all I need is Apah and then we could-"

"Fantastic idea!Write it down."He said, gently guiding Daisy away from the computers,"But for now you need to eat,or you won't be here to see Kiara when we get her back."Mack said seriously.

"Fine.I will. I just. I miss her so much and I-I can't stand the thought of losing her.I was meant to keep her safe."A lonely tear escaped down her cheek.She clenched her jaw and tilted her head upward in attempt to prevent anymore tears falling down.

"I know.And you won't lose her. But you might lose yourself and then you can never find her."Mack hugged Daisy close as she sobbed on his chest.The big brother who was more than she'd ever wished for."It will all be okay.I promise."

Daisy's red and puffy mischievously smiling face looked up when she finished,"I guess you'll have to change your shirt now.Or you could just go without for Yoyo's benefit."She added a suggestive wink.

Mack laughed,too relieved to chide Daisy's comment,"Hey!"

The sound of Daisy's laughter echoed in the walls of the Zephyr for the first  time in what felt like years.

***

(Kiara pov)

It's almost been a week inside this metal box and I have completely forgotten how to be smooth.I keep trying to do something or say something but I am very much at loss of words.

Considering,it's one thing to realise girls are cute too and another thing to realise one likes you.

Anyway,to sum up my situation,we decided to sleep in a corner together every 'night' and today Hazel is taking watch in case the Kree people come with an offer or rescue is here - okay that's a touch too optimistic. She was like,"Seeing as there are no pillows you two can put your heads on my legs."

Then Ariefli was like,"Thank you Hazel." And she went back to being distant after taking up the offer.I tried so hard with her.But no matter what I couldn't help.I didn't know what to say and I was afraid she'd break like ancient clay if I touched her. I haven't ever been in this kind of situation before.Normally, I only have to deal with myself - which is hard enough so I just pretend everything is okay as I have to set a good example as the leader.

I said it's okay and used my arm however today I wake up on her lap with my hair being stroked.I think I must've had another nightmare as my back is drenched with sweat and I kind of remember being woken up by Hazel a while ago.

On the plus side,I'm no longer avoiding sleep.Instead I'm oversleeping to escape this reality,which is much more fun.

I don't really know how much longer I can pretend to be asleep, as I desperately need the toilet.I decide to 'accidentally' roll away and unfortunately hit my head on the wall

"Owww."I say,feigning waking up.

Hazelline just watches me curiously.

"Good morning."I croaked out. 

I am so parched.I love water.It's an amazing substance.

As soon as I finish my prison bathroom routine (face wash,gargling and lastly using damp toilet paper as a shower substitute) a kree soldier, with long blonde braided hair,enters our prison.

"Speak now to face take the merciful offer of serving or continue the harsher state of your punishment."His deep, rumbling voice startles Ariefli momentarily.

Ariefli will probably wither away into nothingness if we stay here any longer so I take charge,hoping the universe will align,"We accept the offer of serving."

((Thank you for reading!Sorry it's a short update after such a long time. I haven't got much energy recently :/

I hope you enjoyed it! :) )))) ))