𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕

L’ Etoile ━

act one: chapter four

FELIX FELICIS

WITH A SWISH OF HIS WAND, Professor Slughorn wrote 'NEWTs Potions' on the board placed near the teacher's desk

WITH A SWISH OF HIS WAND, Professor Slughorn wrote 'NEWTs Potions' on the board placed near the teacher's desk. Amelia sat beside Sirius, with Lily and James in front of them and Remus with Frank Longbottom, a fellow Gryffindor on the desk behind them.

"Today, we will be brewing the 'Draught of Living Death'. Do you all know what it is?" Lily's hand rose automatically at the question along with Remus following and then Amelia as well, but the other two with much less enthusiasm.

"Yes, Ms. Evans"

"The Draught of Living Death is an extremely powerful Sleeping Draught, which sends the drinker into a deathlike slumber." Lily replied in a single breath.

"Good job, Ms. Evans. 10 points to Gryffindor." Slughorn replied receiving multiple appreciative smiles towards Lily from across the room, along with a pat on her back from her partner, James.

Slughorn continued displaying a small bottle of liquid to the students, "I also have a vial here of another potion which one of you will receive if you brew it successfully. Can anyone name this?"

"Is that Liquid Luck, professor?" Amelia spoke out in awe, without raising her hand which earned her a small eye roll from Lily.

"You are correct, Ms. Wright. It is in fact Liquid Luck, also known as-" Slughorn started before getting interrupted by the same student who hadn't raised her hand yet again. "Felix Felicis! It makes the drinker lucky for a period of time, during which everything they attempt is successful."

He continued with a smile, "Yes, Ms. Wright, 10 points to Gryffindor. And as I said, whoever brews the potion right, receives it. You will be working on this individually and you can refer to your books as well. You may very well begin."

All the students were excited to receive a potion which made them lucky, even for a day. Apparently, none of these witches and wizards found their extraordinary-to-muggles days fortunate enough.

Lily was already set to brew hers as she followed every instruction in her book, while the boy sitting beside her focused more on stealing glances at her than working on the potion.

Remus calmly followed the instructions with the only intention to brew the potion, as he wasn't enthused to win the vial but was amused by Amelia's enthusiasm. However, if he did, he knew he would use it on a full moon night.

Marlene on the other hand, read the ingredients and put them in her cauldron with a glimpse at her steps and rather just enjoying the frenzied students around her.