𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈

L' Etoile ━

act two: chapter six

THE ARRIVAL OF WINTER 

SNOW HAD BEGAN FILLING UP THE SURROUNDINGS, as their winter break was arriving soon

SNOW HAD BEGAN FILLING UP THE SURROUNDINGS, as their winter break was arriving soon. Amelia and Sirius had grown a bit distant, none knowing how to approach the other, and thus only ever talked when in a group.

Both of them wouldn't admit it out loud, but missed each other deeply and had also accepted to themselves that they actually liked each other, mostly because they couldn't seem to find any possible excuse for how they suddenly felt incomplete due their deprived talks. They only now realised how much of an impact each had on the other's life.

Amelia missed talking to Sirius and just lying around in the grass with him braiding his hair. Sirius missed her just as much and if possible, a bit more. They both acted normal of course in front of the others and had managed to fool them.

Remus, ignored the absence of the banter for now as he didn't completely know the reason behind it yet. Lily had observed the same but didn't think of it much. Peter was clueless as always, and James did notice it but overlooked it due to his excitement for the holidays.

Amelia had admitted that she actually did in fact like Sirius, and Sirius who always knew had finally made peace with it too. What both were unsure about was how to proceed with that.

They always knew they couldn't date, and they both had their absurd reasons and justifications for it. They thought their friends would react poorly to them dating and it would just be weird. Amelia also knew of Sirius' family and her being a half-blood wouldn't help.

The latter reason was actually a point in favor of them dating for Sirius as he loved rebelling against their beliefs but he still didn't want Amelia to suffer the wrath of his siblings or his parents just because he dated her.

At the moment, she was standing in her last class before the holidays, alongside Peter as they listened to their professor teach them about thestrals that were visible to almost none of the class. Sirius stood a bit far away chatting along with Frank as they couldn't see the thestrals and had no interest in the class yet.

The only few who could watch the majestic creatures walk around while flapping their large wings were a Hufflepuff who had witnessed the death of her father, two Slytherins who had viewed the deaths of a family member, and our very own Amelia who had witnessed the death of not a family member like the others, but Steve's mother.

Steve's mother, Adrianne Blackwood, had suffered from the muggle disease of cancer during Amelia's third year. Steve had gotten all support and help from the Wrights and he had found a second family just as he lost his mother along with Amelia by his side, who lost her second mother. She hugged him the whole time and that moment, as sad as it was had only made the two friends closer, like family.