text fic drafts

hi! so a little backstory before you read these:
these are from "my friends from instagram (fifth harmony)" (you probably know it being that it's the biggest book on my profile rn but if you don't there's that)
camren wasn't always endgame, originally camila and lauren were going to date for a while but lauren would eventually start dating dinah, but now that camren's endgame that's not happening.
all of these are non-canon to the actual story!
enjoy these little drafts regardless, especially being that they all have camren undertones :)

-

draft one: dinah reveling in how she feels about lauren

Dinah, as much as she loves Lauren, she hates her.

She hates how she can tell Lauren's smiling just by the tone of her voice. She hates how every time she wakes up and there's voice message from Lauren maybe two or three minutes long of Lauren just ranting she'll listen to the whole thing just to hear her voice for that many minutes longer that day. She hates how when Lauren hugs her, her smaller body fits perfectly against Dinah's and all she wants to do is kiss her. She hates that Lauren is comfortable enough to change in front of her because sometimes she just wants the clothes to stay off so that she can kiss Lauren all over. She hates Lauren but she also loves Lauren so much it hurts.

It hurts when Lauren brings up a date she's been asked on. It hurts when she sleeps over at Lauren's and she wakes up before Lauren and has to refrain from watching over her because it's not her place. Lauren isn't hers, and she would never make her hers because if she does, she might lose Lauren altogether. And that would hurt more than listening to Lauren talk about dates and pretending she doesn't want to kiss her and watching her fall for one person just to be hurt all over again.

-

draft two: how dinah might have confessed her feelings to lauren

i'm not good w words. never have been probably never will be. u are, tho, and it's one of those things that i will forever admire u for. one of MANY things. which is lowkey funny that i admire u for anything bc i give u shit a lot of the time. it's in good fun tho, and to protect myself - bc if u knew how many things i admired about u your head would explode. like that emoji 🤯 POW
anyways. you're kind of stupidly pretty. not in the way like "oh you're the hot best friend" i mean you're literally the most gorgeous person i know. and u don't even fucking realize it most of the time. but u get all blushy and shy when people compliment u and it's the CUTEST shit. also!! u do this STUPID shit where u go from a cute little blushy bottom fuckin mess to a hot mf and it makes me SO angry like how do u do that please teach me and continue for the rest of your life
moving on. u don't realize this shit bc you're always concerned about everything going on in the world or about school or helping someone bc you're such a good person and as much as i love that i also wish u gave yourself that passion bc sometimes u forget to and i get worried.
not that i'll never not worry about u bc you're like the most important person in my life. you're my best friend in the entire world and as much as i want to deny it i've fallen in love with you.
everything u do pulls me deeper and god it's SO fucking frustrating bc it's such a cliche but then i was talking to mani and she was like "you talk about her like you want to marry her" and that stuck in my head bc when we were talking the other about our futures i couldn't picture one w/o u in it. i know i'm sixteen and feelings change and akostjeiskflsosjj but i can't help but tell u how fucking in love with u i am right now.
i love you lauren jauregui.
ps. u snore but it's cute

-

draft three: they're fighting!

"You haven't been here too much recently," Lauren says, "I've missed you."

Dinah gives her a halfhearted smile, "I've missed you too, Lo."

Lauren scoffs, not meeting Dinah's eyes, "No you haven't."

"What?"

"D, you hang out with Normani and Ally all the time. And I get it, they're great people and you're staying with Normani even though I'm right here -"

"Lo, you're in a relationship, it's not the same as it was over the summer when it was just you and me," Dinah interjects, and Lauren rolls her eyes.

"Dinah, I've slept in the same bed as my sister thousands of times, doesn't mean I'm doing anything stupid with her. Still wouldn't mean anything. You're like my sister, why would it be any different?" Lauren says almost too easily and Dinah just bites her tongue, not wanting to spit out anything too insane.

"I'm not your sister, Lauren," She finally says, "I'm your best friend. Who's also gay. And I've had multiple people tell me I'm hot, so..."

"That's such a stereotype," Lauren snorts, "it's not like we're in love or anything. That's not even the point though, where have you been? You keep insisting that you and Mani aren't dating but you're literally attached at the hip."

Dinah's the one to roll her eyes now, "What? Like you and I were until you started dating Mila?"

Dinah watches as the cogs stop turning in Lauren's brain and she goes quiet, "Lo, it's fine. You have a girlfriend. Mani and I are just friends, just like how you and I were just friends before you got into a relationship."

"We're just friends?" Lauren looks almost hurt, and Dinah hates herself for having so much sympathy when Lauren is actively breaking her heart on a daily basis.

Dinah bites her lip, "No, we're best friends. We have our forty year pact, remember?"

Lauren nods, "That still doesn't explain why you've been so distant."

"Lauren, you've been distant. And I don't want to be a third wheel to you and Mila all the time, so I stay at Mani's. It's not complicated," Dinah replies, exasperated.

"Okay, but when you stay over here, you don't sleep in the same bed as me anymore," Lauren says, "and I don't understand that."

Before she can process it, Dinah runs a hand through her hair and retorts, "It's because I'm in love with you, Lauren! God, how don't you see it? Everyone else knows about it, even Mila. And every time I hear you say something about Camila, I get frustrated because you're not with me. Every time you hug me, I wish it would last just that much longer. I have nightmares about when we fucked because I got to have you to myself and my brain is fucking mocking me. You are happy, and I try so so hard to be happy for you, but at the same time, it makes me hate you, because I'm in love with you. So I can't sleep in the same bed as you and I can't hang out with you as much anymore and I can't fucking stand it when you say to me that we're like sisters because it all hurts so much that I wish I was fucking dead."

-

draft four: dinah hears camila on the radio (this could almost be non-au but it isn't)

"And now, up and coming star Camila Cabello, her song Havana has been climbing up the charts recently," Dinah furrows her eyebrows, listening as the radio hosts drains on.

There's no way that the radio Camila Cabello is the same Camila she got to know back in high school. She said she was going in to literature after high school.

"I've heard people say that she's not single, either," The radio host says.

"Who's the lucky guy? Do we know?" The other one responds, and the first guys laughs.

"I'll answer that after we play this," The guy replies, "Here's Havana by Camila Cabello."

The song plays and Dinah only grows more confused. This sounds too much like Camila, yet almost completely different. She gets back to campus and pulls into a student parking space, putting the car into park before pulling out her phone and looking the song up.

Article after article pops up, talking about Camila Cabello, the new star with her song Havana and how it's blowing up all over the world.

It's only when Dinah sees a picture of her that her stomach drops.

Camila made it.