some random drafts pt 3

an: i have been really uninspired for this fandom recently except for tiny tidbits, so here are some tiny tidbits! 

we can't adopt a puppy (oh we can't?) - 1200 words
some batshit crazy camren fighting stuff

Lauren's almost thankful when she sees the rows and rows of red lights ahead of her on her way home from work. It's been a long week of sleeping on the couch and people bitching at her for every reason under the sun and her car rides to and from work seem to be her only break from that.

That's a mean thing to say, but with Camila home from tour, their house has been slightly unbearable.

Before she left, they were in the midst of a disagreement over having children (Lauren's horrified of the idea even though she loves kids, Camila's a bit overeager and wants to start really considering it). The argument left all of their messages coated in tension throughout the tour and nothing resolved itself after she got home.

(Not that Lauren can complain, though, angry sex is a win.)

She drums her fingers on the steering wheel, humming along to the song playing, something by Halsey.

She truly didn't mean to start arguments with Camila, and she hopes that's the case for her as well, but she's not truly sure. Ever since they got married, something's been off, not that Lauren's been trying to fix it.

Instead, she's been having way more fun working for sixteen hours a day at the studio on her third album, currently untitled and a clusterfuck of sixty different genres.

She's not sure if she'll ever be able to release it at this rate without Camila's name getting dragged through the mud (or hers), so it might just stay as a literal passion project stashed away in hard drives.

The cars in front of her are still not moving, so when Lauren sees an exit on her right, she takes it immediately, hoping to find something to eat. She's almost forgotten how starving she is.

Her stomach now being on her mind floats to the call she got this morning from her doctor.

She'd gone a week ago, maybe two or three days before Camila came home, out of sheer curiosity. The hard thing about her and Camila and this whole child thing is that Lauren knows that she does want kids, she just wants to wait for a better time. The world for the past fifteen years she's been in the spotlight has been constant turmoil and exhaustive politics and something she doesn't want to bring a kid up in.

Even though, at the end of the day, she wants kids.

So, she went to the doctor last week, just wanting to get questions answered. How much would it cost? How doable is it? Is she able to bear children?

Imagine her surprise when she gets a call this morning that she's in fact infertile.

She was lost for words, then wrote a song about it, joking to Dinah when she called that she could at least capitalize off her misfortune if all else fails.

Dinah was more concerned about it than she was, which wasn't surprising, but Lauren decided to push it off. She can't have kids, big whoop. She always wanted to adopt anyway.

(Of course, it hurts more than that, but she's not about to lose her mind about it when her wife is pissed at her. She can do that later.)

She pulls up to a McDonald's, ordering a McDouble and soda and fries before parking and relaxing. It's already 11 pm, and Camila's probably already asleep, what does it matter if she takes a little longer to get home?

While she eats, she plans out the rest of her drive home, seeing the highway is completely backed up and deciding instead to take a back road home.

Once she finishes eating and scrolling through Twitter, Lauren heads off.