Unrequited Love

Hey so this is going to be different than my previous stories. It's not based off a song. I got the inspiration from a story I read by @HosieIsSuperior

It's spring break and Josie is in her room lying in her bed while she has another coughing fit. She didn't want anyone to hear what was happening to her so she's glad that most students left the school for break. Josie is dying, and there's nothing she can do about it. None of her friends or family know what's happening to her, so here she is in her room, all alone.

Josie has the Hanahaki disease, they learned about it in class when they did their unit on incurable diseases. No one has ever lived once the symptoms started to surface. The first time this happened to Josie was during lunch.

Josie sat at the table with her friends, trying to avoid all the stares. Half the school was either afraid of her or hated her for what happened when she was dark Josie. She gets it, what her dark self did was terrible, hell she killed Alyssa Chang. But just because she gets where they're coming from, doesn't mean she has to like it. She's never been one to want a spotlight on her, so she's uncomfortable. Hope and Landon are sitting across from her being all lovey dovey and she can't take it. She's in love with her best friend and she knows that. It took Hope getting stuck in her subconscious for her to finally admit it to herself. Feeling like she's going to throw up at the sight of Hope & Landon kissing, she abruptly gets up and walks away. Not caring about the weird looks her friends are giving her. She runs to the bathroom and locks the door. Suddenly she feels like she's gonna be sick so she kneels next to the toilet, except it's not vomit that comes up, it's blood and flower petals. 'Fuck' she thinks to herself, not wanting to risk anyone seeing her, she gets up and goes to her room, not bothering to go to the rest of her classes.

That was two weeks ago and the symptoms have gradually gotten worse each day. Knowing there's still one thing she needs to do, Josie gets out of her bed and sets up her phone on her tripod. She didn't have the strength to do individual goodbyes face to face, so she decided to record a video for her family and friends.

Video transcript
Hi guys, if you're watching this, it means that I'm no longer with you. First I want to say that I love you, I know you'll want to blame yourselves or wonder why I didn't tell you I was dying, but I did it out of love. I knew that there was nothing that could be done for me and I didn't want you guys to feel useless and to watch me die. You guys brought so much light to my life and I'm so proud to have known each & every one of you. This is the point in the video where I talk to you guys individually, so if you want you can skip to your part.

Hi mom and dad, please don't feel like you failed because you didn't. I know you've both lost a lot of people but I don't want my death to be your downfall. I know you turned off your humanity when grandma died mom and I don't want that, please continue to share your wisdom and knowledge with others. Dad, please don't drown your sorrows in alcohol. Lizzie still needs you, the students of this school need you, I'll always be with you in spirit and in you hearts.

Hey sis, I know you're probably mad at me for not telling you because we tell each other everything, but this was the exception. Don't blame yourself or hide your pain. I know you and I know that you'll want someone to lash out on, but please don't. You've come such a long way and I don't want my death to be what unravels your progress. Don't close yourself off, being around people that love you is what's gonna help you get through this. As my last piece of sisterly advice, I'll say this, open your eyes. The person you deserve is right in front of you and he always has been. Don't make him wait too much longer. He might have all the time in the world, but it doesn't mean he'll wait that long for you. I love you Liz.

Hey Mg, I want to thank you for being my best friend. You were there for me through everything and you'll never know how much that means to me. Promise me you'll keep the supersquad together, you might not know this, but you're the glue that holds us together. Be brave and tell Lizzie how you feel, I know what unrequited love can do to a person, trust me & I might have given her a nudge in the right direction. I love you.