Can I be Him

As she sits in her room, Josie can't help but to hum a melody that's been stuck in her head for weeks. She knows it'd be perfect for a song, she just can't figure out the lyrics. It's like she doesn't have any inspiration to write, that is until Lizzie burst in their room with a weird look on her face.

'Hey sis, everything okay?'

'Huh... oh yeah it's just Hope and birdboy again!'

Josie sighed before asking,'What happened this time?' Honestly Josie felt bad for Hope. Her and Landon had been fighting for weeks at this point. It was pretty awkward to be around them.

'Okay before I tell you, you have to promise not to tell anyone.'

'Of course, my lips are sealed.'

'Alright, we'll Hope officially dumped that artisanal jar of mayonnaise last month but he can't seem to get it through his head that they're over, so he keeps trying to get her to take him back. I was hanging with Hope and witnessed his last poor attempt. Honestly he just can't seem to take no for an answer and I'm pretty sure Hope's wolf is close to ripping him to shreds. I had to calm her down when he said something stupid and her eyes changed colors.'

To say Josie was shocked would he an understatement. She knew they'd been fighting but she didn't know it was because Hope broke up with him and Landon couldn't seem to accept it.

'Well damn, honestly though what was Landon expecting? He left her AGAIN and just assumed she'd be waiting for him with open arms. He knows about her abandonment issues and yet he continued to hurt her by leaving whenever things got rough.'

'True that, I know that Hope and I haven't always been friends but even when I didn't like her I knew she deserved better than him. I'm just glad she came to her senses and dumped his ass.'

'Me too'

'Well while we're on the topic of Hope, now that you know about her being single, there's no reason for you not to tell her you're in love with her.'

'I-I umm I'm not in love with her.' Josie says while a blush covered her face. Lizzie saw right through her.

'Yeah right. You've been in love with Hope since we were thirteen so don't try to deny it.'

'Fine, you're right, but that doesn't mean I should tell her. The break up is still fresh and it wouldn't be fair to either of us. I don't wanna be a rebound Liz.'

'Okay two things. First: you know Hope would never do that to you. You're too important to her and also she's not a douche bag. Secondly: I said to tell her, that doesn't mean you have to jump into a relationship right away. Just put all your cards on the table so she knows that you're an option, that you always have been. Honestly I think if she knew she would've dumped that gremlin a lot sooner.'

Josie hated it when Lizzie made sense, especially when it was about something Josie knew she should do but her fear was getting the best of her.

'Okay okay, I'll think about it. If I was to do it, how would I go about it? You know I'm no good with words. Last time I tried to tell Hope how I felt, I ended up setting her room on fire.'

'Good point, how about we stay away from leaving her letters that you might later regret doing due to your gay panic. How about a song? You've always been good at using music as an outlet for your emotions.'

Remembering the melody that's been stuck in her head, Josie smiled. A song would be perfect.

'That's a great idea Liz.'

'I know and you're welcome. I'm gonna go hangout with MG and let you focus. See you at dinner.'

As Lizzie walks out the door, Josie already had lyrics flowing through her brain. Grabbing her guitar, Josie immediately went to work.