Pretty brown Eyes

Shoutout to @yaxxuss for the song recommendation.

Hope is chilling in her room when suddenly there's a knock on her door. Reluctantly she gets up to open it.

"Hey Hope what's up?"

"Not much MG, did you need something?"

"Oh no, I just wanted to see if you wanted to hangout."

"Sure, why not, come in"

Over the past year Hope and MG have become close friends. They both like the same music and he was there for Hope when she triggered her Vamp side. He's the only one who knows about her feelings for Josie.

"So have you asked her out yet?"

"Asked who out?"

"Don't play dumb Hope, you know who I'm talking about."

"Ugh, no okay, I haven't asked Josie out yet."

"Why not? Wait, is the Hope Mikaelson scared?"

"No" MG just gives her the 'really' look and she gives in.

"Fine I'm scared okay. She's my best friend and I don't want to lose her. I couldn't handle it if she didn't feel the same and didn't want to be around me anymore."

"Hope, that's not going to happen. Even if she doesn't feel the same, which I'm sure she does, she cares about you too much to just completely cut you out of her life."

"You're right"

"I always am"

Hope lightly punches his shoulder.

"Shut up" she says while chuckling slightly

"So how are you going to do it"

"You want me to do it right now don't you."

"Well duh, I've got to make sure you don't chicken out."

Thinking for a second, an idea comes to her head and she smirks. MG just looks at her waiting for an explanation.

"Have you heard of a lyric prank?"

"Isn't that when people use song lyrics as text to mess with their friends?"

"Basically, well I was thinking that I'd do something similar, except it won't be a prank, not completely. I'll use song lyrics to ask her out tonight. At first she might think I'm joking but then I'll tell her I'm not."

"Why not just tell her straight up how you feel?"

"First of all, there's nothing straight about this and secondly, where's the fun in that?  It's fun to see Josie get flustered, especially when I flirt with her."

"But you can't see her so how will you see her facial reaction?"

"Now, that's where you come in. It's almost dinner time and we all sit at the same table. Except today you're going to tell Josie I was in a mood and took my food back to my room. She won't question it because she knows how I can get. In reality I'll be sitting at a different table using an invisibility spell so no one can see me."

"That's actually a really good idea, and you're right, Jo is adorable when she's flustered."

Hope playfully glares at him for calling Josie adorable.

"Down Wolfie you know I like the other Saltzman twin."

MG is the only one who can call Hope that without fear of disembowelment.

"Shut it nerd"

"Come on, we should get to the cafeteria and get our food before the twins get there so they won't see you."