They don't know about us

A/N : so music has always been a big part of my life and I think it's one of the best ways to tell a story, especially a love story. That being said, all the stories in this will be based on a song. If you have a song you want me to use comment it below 😁 Enjoy.

Hope and Josie have been dating for 2 months and they couldn't be happier. There's just one problem, no one knows about it. At first they agreed to keep it a secret because they didn't know how their friends and family would react. Now they both want to tell people, but they're too scared to say anything, not wanting to upset the other.

"Hi Hope, how've you been?" Rebekah said into the phone.

"I'm good auntie Bex" Hope says trying to look convincing, it wasn't working

"What's wrong Hope?"

"N-nothing I'm fine"

"Oh come on darling, I know when you're lying. Tell you're favorite aunt what's on your mind."

Realizing she wasn't getting out of this conversation, Hope relented.

"It's just, have you ever loved someone with all your heart, but no one knew? And you knew they felt the same and you'd do anything for that person but keeping it to yourself was slowly eating at you because all you wanted to do was shout from the roof top how much you love them."

It took Rebekah a few seconds to respond because that's not what she was expecting Hope to say.

"Umm yes, I have some experience in that sort of thing. Your dad wasn't exactly fond of me and Marcel being together at first so we tried to keep it from him. Lying to him was hard because he was my big brother, but like you said, I'd do anything for the person I was in love with. Now, who's this about?"

"Josie S-"

"Wait a minute, Josie as in Josette? Caroline's daughter?"

"Yes"

"Wow, you really are your father's daughter. Sorry love, continue"

"As I was saying, it's Josie Saltzman. After everything with Malivore and Landon happened we became good friends. Landon just dumped Josie and assumed I'd be happy that he picked me over her but he was wrong. He left and ran away instead of facing us. I loved him and he'll always be a friend, but I realized I love her more, even though at the time I thought it was just as a friend. After spending time with her I realized it was more than that and I told her how I felt and it turns out she felt the same. We've been secretly dating for 2 months, everyone just thinks we're best friends, but she's the one aunt Bex. Josie is the totally epic love mom told me to have. I want to tell people but I don't know if Josie is ready for that and I don't want to push her into anything she's not ready for. I'd never do that to her. It's just she's amazing and I want people to know how much I love her. What should I do?"

"Honestly honey, I think you should just talk to her, be honest."

At the same time Hope was FaceTiming her aunt, Josie was having lunch with her mom who was in town after being gone for months.

"Just talk to Hope sweetie, tell her what you're feeling."

"I know I should, I just don't want to upset her. I know she loves me, I just don't know if she's ready for the whole school and our friends/family to know. She doesn't like a lot of attention on her. Being a Mikaelson and tribrid comes with a permanent spotlight and I don't want to add to that. Landon had an annoying knack for making a scene in front of everyone a lot. I just want her to feel safe in our relationship, not overwhelmed. I only told you because I really needed to talk to someone about this and you're the first person I thought of. I would've went to Lizzie but then she would've made it about how I didn't tell her sooner."