Chapter 9

Lydia's POV

Kira, Allison, Belle and I were seated in the student lounge with Veronica, Betty, Cheryl, Josie, Reggie, Archie, Isaac, Scott, and Stiles. A few other students lingered around the room as well. After a few minutes, Isaac led Belle out of the room.

"So, before I forget again, my parents are graciously lending us the Family Lodge house for the weekend. I think it should be fun. Fair warning. Our Shadow Lake chalet is rustic, but it has breath-taking views of the mountains, the water..."

"Oh, my God. That sounds heavenly, Vee. What do you say, Jug? Can you bear it?"

"As long as it's cool with your dad."

"Mr. Lodge actually suggested it."

"Yeah. Well, then, cue the dueling banjos."

"What?" Malia questioned, totally confused by the term but she went completely unnoticed.

"I also wanna invite some of our new friends. Couples of course. So Scott and Kira, then there's Isaac and Belle."

"Wait really?" Kira's eyes widened. "What do you think Scott?"

"Sure, I'd love to go and I'm sure Belle and Isaac wouldn't turn down a great offer like this." Scott agreed and I nodded. They had better not turn down a free weekend in a fancy lodge.

"And it'll also be a good chance for me to work on my novel."

"Excellent! But remember, the point of this luxury weekend is to relax and unplug. So we'll all ride together, we'll pick you guys up after school on Friday."

Soon enough, the guys left, saying they were heading to the fields, leaving all us ladies here.

"So now that the testosterone has left the room, I can ask you girls this in private. What's up with Ethan?"

"What do you mean, what's up with him?" I ask her. What was she getting at?

"Like I mean is he seeing someone...?" I rolled my eyes. Was she blind or something? Kira and Malia had grins on their faces, which made Josie a bit agitated.

"What did I say that was so funny?" She asked the two, who were howling in laughter by now.

"Nothing nothing, It's just that that is a tree you do not wanna climb." Kira explained a bit.

"Wait, so he is seeing someone? I'm so confused." Josie trailed off.

"No Josie, he isn't seeing anyone but I don't think he'd go for you. I mean you're not bad looking, just not his type."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means he's gay Josie. Try to keep up."

Belle's POV

The days had passed and it was Friday now. We had just come home from school and now, Kira and I were packing what we needed for the weekend.

"Should I pack a swimsuit? I feel like there would be a pool somewhere near." I asked and Kira nodded. Once we were done packing, I grabbed a few clothes. "I'm gonna take a shower."

After my shower, I brushed my freshly blow-dried hair, removing any knots from it. As I was doing that, a knock sounded at the bathroom door.

"Come on babe. Veronica and the others just pulled up. I already put our bags in the car, just came back to get you."

"Well aren't you a sweetheart. Well, let's go then, the weekend awaits us." We bid our goodbyes to the other pack members then left the house.

Veronica's POV

"You think they're gonna break up?

"That would be, like, the twelfth time this year."

"We didn't break up over it."

"Archie... That kiss... That's for telling me about it when you did. For trusting me. Shows how strong we are together."

"- Ronnie..."

"- Us against the world."

"So Isaac, Isabelle. Scott, Kira. How long have you guys been together?" I asked, trying to include everyone else.

"Isabelle and I are almost on our second year." Isaac answered, followed by Kira.

"And Scott and I are going on a few months."

"That is amazing. I love-" I was cut off by the sound of the bed creaking upstairs. "Oh, my God! Are they serious?"

"Is that their response to everything? Can't they ever just have, like, a conversation?"

Lydia's POV

"Ok what is up with you Allison?"

"What do you mean?" she replied and I just gave her a look.

"You have this look about you. Like you're depressed or something. So tell me what's going on."

"Lydia, I promise it's nothing like that. I've just had a bad day. It's that time of the month so I'm cranky." she gave her explanation. I somehow don't believe her but I didn't push the conversation anymore.