Chapter 26

Scott's POV

The room and atmosphere were dark. Everyone's emotions were out in the open. Finding her was not apart of any of our plans. It was the worst.

The most hurtful thing was she was dead for hours before someone found her. Before Kira found her. The rest of the pack are here and they aren't taking the news very well, not that I expect them to. The only ones that weren't here as yet were Aiden and Ethan.

"When the twins get here, let me do all the talking. It would be better if they found out from their alpha." I advised the pack in advance. I didn't want too much people talking at once. Then all of a sudden, everything goes quiet.

"What's going on here? Why's everyone so mopey?" Ethan asked and no one answered, not even me. I didn't know how to tell them.

"Seriously guys." Aiden looked around the room at everyone.  "Will someone tell us what the hell is going on?" Everyone looked at me and I opened my mouth to speak, only I couldn't.

"There's something you guys need to know." Kira started after everyone was silent for so long. she cleared her throat and continued. "It's about Isabelle so you might wanna sit down."

"What's wrong? What's happened with Izzy?" Ethan ask, growing more and more irritated by the second. Aiden jut had a look on his face.

~Flashback~

Kira and I had just came back from a date at Pop's. We had a great time and it was one of our first dates that wasn't interrupted by some supernatural creature attacking. A normal date.

When we got home, I went up to my room and got changed into some shorts and a tshirt, for bed. Seconds later, there was a knock at my door and Kira walked in the room. She has dressed in some shorts and tshirt as well. I smiled at her, being totally in love with her and all.

"You know, I really don't feel like ending our date yet. Maybe we can just continue it here, while no ones around to interrupt." Kira said, wrapping her arms around my neck, causing my smile to grow.

"I don't see why not. Maybe we have some candles in the kitchen or something. We could light a few." The both of us agreed and went separate ways, looking for some. I dug through the kitchen drawers in hopes of finding any but there were none. Then, I heard her scream.

"Kira?" I yelled her name as I ran to where I heard her sobbing. Soon as I entered the room, I saw what was wrong. Isabelle was dead, shit and laying in a pool of her own blood.

~Flashback end~

By the time I look up at Ethan and Aiden, they were both holding back tears, as was the rest of the group. Kira had began to cry again as did Lydia. Malia was comforting the two to the best of her abilities, letting a few tears of her own slip out. Stiles was a complete mess. Even Derek and Argent had a few tears running down their faces.

"You're joking." Aiden said as he looked at his brother. "They're joking. They have to be." He huffed and looked back at me. "You think this is the kind joke you should be playing? Where is she?" He asked as he rushed at me but I grabbed his arms before he could attack. I wrapped my free arm around him.

"I'm sorry Aiden. This isn't a joke or a prank. She's really gone. I wish it wasn't like this too." I said comforting the twin, a few tears escaping my own eyes.

"Where is she? We want to see her." Ethan said. I nodded and gestured for him to follow me. I lead him to where Kira found Belle. We had covered her with a sheet because it didn't feel right leaving her exposed.

Both twins walked forward and Aiden reached to gently remove the sheet from over her face. They both broke down at the sight of their sister's body on the floor. I left the room to give them some time.

Veronica's POV

I looked around at my lovely parents with my ever sarcastic grin.

"Daddykins, care to comment on the rumors that you've been having secret meetings with Claudius and Penelope Blossom in their barn?"

"Certainly. I'm looking to diversify Lodge Industries' holdings by possibly getting into the maple trade." He answered smoothly, not even a hiccup. He was good, but I was better.

"I see. So, it's not that you enlisted Claudius to impersonate the Black Hood and take potshots at Mom during the town hall debate?" I asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"Veronica, have you lost your mind?" Was all my mother could say before my father replied. Of course.

"Your imagination is getting the better of you, Veronica."

"Maybe. Maybe not." I looked between the two again. "But I don't think any of us in this room can deny that it's not at least possible that you'd put Mom in the crosshairs to pursue some personal political agenda." I ended with a scoff.

"That's enough Veronica. I will not sit here and listen to you disrespect your father." My mother tried to scold me but I simply wasn't having it.

"Fine. I'm just letting the both of you know now that I won't be here for the weekend anyway. My friend is having a sleepover just for us girls."

"Fine. Have we at least met this friend? Because I'm starting to think you don't have many." My father asked, trying to cool the tensions.

I think you'd love her mother. Her name is Malia." I gently uttered the name and I watched as my mother's entire demeanor change as she spit out the orange juice she had been drinking. Jackpot. I rose from my seat and grabbed my bag, nodding my parents goodbye before leaving.  I had to meet up with Malia, maybe she was right after all.