Chapter 16

Stiles' POV

Scott, Aiden, Ethan, Isaac, and I stood far off, listening to Cheryl sing, honoring her fallen friend.

♪ When you walk through a storm ♪

♪ Hold your head up high ♪

♪ And don't be afraid ♪

♪ Of the dark ♪

♪ At the end of the storm ♪

♪ There's a golden sky ♪

♪ And the sweet silver song ♪

♪ Of a lark ♪

♪ You'll never ♪

♪ Walk ♪

♪ Alone ♪

"I also feel it is my duty to say that... Like the Furies of Ancient Greece, who ceaselessly pursue blood atonement when a crime's been committed, the Vixens and I vow that we will not rest until those responsible for the murder of our sister... Is rightly punished."

After the funeral was over, the crowd dissipated and We began walking to our car to head home.

"All I'm saying is I don't get why we had to be here. We didn't even know this girl. No disrespect." I overhear Isaac saying.

"We're here for Moral support, the girls knew her, might not have been long but they knew her."

"Right, right. Moral Support."

"Just shut up before I kick your ass. Again." Ethan told the sour wolf.

"Hey guys, no need to fight on this sad day." Allison said from behind us. I didn't notice when they had joined us.

"It's quite funny you say that. If it weren't for you and him, we wouldn't have a reason to fight." Aiden made his point and walked off, just about being done with Allison. Not that I blame him.

"Burn." I hear Kira mutter under her breath.

Veronica's POV

"Are you okay?" I asked Archie but didn't get an answer.

"Whether or not the Black Hood is back, I don't want "Death Wish" Archie to come back."

"You saw that note, Veronica. Written in Midge's blood. If the Black Hood is going after victims who escaped him, that means my dad is next. Or Moose. Or Betty. Or you. Or me. It could be anyone."

"That's exactly why I need you sane and steady right now."

"I am. I will be."

"Promise me you won't patrol the streets or break into Svenson's house..."

"Ronnie... "

"It's just... I can't bear the thought of anything bad happening to you."

Betty's POV

"Maybe we should look into Chic."

"You figured out a motive?"

"Not yet. But there is something that could connect him to Mr. Svenson. It's tenuous, but they both spent time at the Sisters of Quiet Mercy."

"Archie's theory about there being multiple Black Hoods..."

"They could be in cahoots. It's a long shot. Mr. Svenson's older than Chic, but he worked there as a groundskeeper for years."

"They might have crossed paths."

"Yeah. It's worth a visit."

"So we meet again, Miss Cooper.

"We need information about my brother, Charles Smith. Do you happen to know if Charles' time here overlapped with Mr. Svenson's? He was your groundskeeper."

"I'm well aware of who Mr. Svenson was and what he became."

"Could we check Charles' files just to see if the dates match?

"I'm sure you have a court order demanding such a request?"

"No, we don't. But I am cousins with Cheryl Blossom, who recently escaped your secret, gay re-education camp, so unless you cooperate, we'll be back with a court order and the FBI to shut you down"I told her with not even a morsel of remorse on my face.

"Apparently, Charles ran away nine years ago. That means he would've overlapped with Svenson for two years at least."

"Oh, wait. Uh, Sister, are you sure this is my brother's file?"

"Yes, dear, Charles Smith. That's his photo."

"That is not my brother, Sister Woodhouse."

"It most certainly is. I never forget my children. Besides, you can see the family resemblance plain as day." If this was Charles, that means I really did let a stranger into our house. I look up from the photo defeatedly.

Archie's POV

"Nick, you don't understand, you have to let me go. But right now, there's a killer on the loose. The Black Hood, you heard about him." I pleaded, struggling against my restraints.

"I thought he was dead."

"He may not be."

"And, Nick, my dad... He may be in danger."

"Sucks to be your dad.

"You b*st*rd! You're seriously doing this because I punched you?"

"You, Veronica, the Pussycats... My father is this close to disowning me. He says I'm an embarrassment, that I'll never have the guts to be in the family business. Well, you're gonna help me prove him wrong. I'm gonna make my bones with you, Andrews..." He said ashe punched me, making me groan in pain.

Betty's POV

"We know you murdered my brother.

"Come on, are you guys serious?"

"Your neighbor heard you fighting. She saw blood. Lots of it."

"Admit what you did, Chic."

"I admit... Your brother was a junkie." He said and Jughead punched him in the face. I have to admit, it was satisfying.

"Go ahead, hit me all you want. You won't kill me because you're scared. You won't let me go because you're worried I'll rat about the Shady guy."

"Tell us the truth about my brother!"

"I already did, Betty. Or maybe I didn't. You'll never know." I was growing and about to say something when my phone rang. I excused myself to answer it.

"You were right. He is a killer. But he won't admit it."

"Some sinners only confess when faced with certain death."

"I'm not going to give him to you, so don't even ask."

"If you delivered him to me, no one would ever know about the man who met such a gruesome end in your living room. Will you deliver him to me, Betty? Will you let justice be done?"

"I..." Was I really considering this?

Veronica's POV

"Oh. Hello, Daddy. Hi, Mom." I said as soon as my parents came into the room.

"What's all this?"

"It's ransom money." I say and I could see he was annoyed. "Not for Archie, I got him back. Now, this is from when I turned the tables on Nick and held him for ransom instead. His parents gave me a cool million for my trouble."

"I told you I was handling the St. Clairs."

"Funny enough, they hadn't heard boo about Archie's kidnapping. But I'll leave that to you to explain to Archie. He's in the study waiting for you." I tell him.