4.

The stillness , broken by the annoying alarm ringing loud and clear , startling Sasuke as he scrambled awake to shut the alarm."Shit shit shit,shut up."he hissed with a roll of his eyes ,knocking the alarm off the table side,making sure that the alarm he set for himself wouldn't wake up the slumbering child.

Pulling his arm out from the death grip of Kimiko's he shuffled off to the bathroom to get himself cleaned up.He approached the sink and sighed as he rested both hands on the sink-posture bent over,sighing as he gazed into the blank onyx eyes staring back at him in the mirror.'Here's to another exciting day.' he thought sarcastically.

It didn't take long for Sasuke to get ready,he was wearing long, dark green pants, and his Chuunin vest over a long sleeved black shirt. Bandages wound up his left hand and forearm, and around his upper right arm was a black band with the Uchiha clan symbol. A new, unmarked Konoha hitai-ate was tied firmly around his forehead,his now normal attire besides the long sleeved black shirt and pants.

--

Sitting at the table Sasuke sighed again , taking a cup of ramen from the top shelf-it wasn't his favourite nor go to choice of food but he was positively starving but he was far too lazy to prepare a proper meal.I'll take kimiko out for breakfast when she wakes up,she doesn't need all these food. he thought,drumming his fingers against the table.Pouring the hot kettle of water into the ramen cup,silently waiting for the three minutes to be up.

'Itadakimasu.'he silently mumbled once the three minutes was up,picking his chopsticks apart before digging in.Eh Naruto's habits must be rubbing off me,Sasuke thought , quietly eating his breakfast as the first morning rays shone through the lightly tinted glass.

Sasuke looked out of the window,his onyx eyes fixated on the garden outside,Kimiko's little garden she was attempting to grow with the help from a certain Yamanaka.

The garden it was still bare as it is,besides the abundance of short blades of green grass heavy with morning dew.His eyes roamed over the garden as if it was his daily ritual a dull ache hitting his chest once his eyes caught a glimpse of a lone flower standing in the plain field of green.

A sunflower.

A vibrant shade of yellow just as his hair was.Bringing happiness to people was the meaning of this flower.A flower given or bought to brighten and colour ones house.His favourite flower.Naruto's favourite flower.

Almost immediately Sasuke's eyes glazed over , his body frozen in his seat once again,his eyes though glazed over was focused intensely on the yellow flower that held so much meaning to him,the flower that reminded sasuke of him.

-------
"Sasuke , look a sunflower!"blonde told raven ,walking down the streets of konoha as they passed a flower shop,tanned skin gripped pale skin-the colour contrasting greatly ,literally dragging Sasuke across the street just to get to in Sasuke's opinion a small street stall ,slightly run down flower shop.

"Ah,Uzumaki-san , Uchiha-sama what a pleasure to be serving you."a voice was heard,elderly lady hobbling out from behind the cart to greet the two war heros in the 4th Great Shinobi War 4 years ago.

"A sunflower you're interested in,Uzumaki-san?"the elderly lady asked,her face wrinkling up into a almost teethless smile when she realised the blonde leaning over with his nose in the flower.

"Hn,the dobe clearly is too interested to hear you."Sasuke politely-well at least he tried-answered for his now boyfriend,he wouldn't admit it but his heart fluttered at how adorable Naruto looked with his face buried among the flowers,eyes lighting up.

"Uzumaki-san ,sunflowers mean loyalty and longevity.They're bright and cheery, bold yet comfortable, the sunflower is a warm and caring gift to gift to others.No flower can lift spirits like a sunflower can."she quipped.

"We'll get a stalk."Naruto's head snapped up with wide eyes directed straight at the raven,a smile splitting his face apart as he threw himself at Sasuke.

"E-eh , Naruto!"the raven stumbled over his words,taking a step back from the impact thrown at him whilst the blonde clung onto his neck repeating his name over and over just like a mantra .Surrounding them,villagers were amused at the sight some stifling giggles and others laughing openly at the comical sight.

--
"Thank you so much Sasuke!"the blond boyfriend exclaimed yet again for the millionth time that night,his eyes never once leaving the flower that was placed so proudly on the centre of the living room.

Sasuke nodded,an almost invisible smile gracing his face as he sat on the couch."My favourite flower,sunflower,himawari."Naruto chattered along leaning onto the uchiha boy.

'My favourite flower too Naruto....."

--------------

"Daddy."Kimiko stood sleepily at the entrance of the kitchen,stretching slightly as a yawn shook her tiny body."Daddy."she tried again ,making her way across the kitchen to get to her father who appeared to be in a daydream.

"Daddy,"she called again,this time snapping her father reverie.Satisfied,she clambered onto his lap with little effort before she settled herself right into it.She loved sitting on her fathers lap , she adored being the centre of her fathers affection-yes she was selfish,she didn't want to share her fathers affection with anyone else.

"Daddy,daddy what were you looking at?What were you thinking of?"she asked softly with a slight twinge of jealousy coating her words.

"Look outside the window Kimiko,see the flower?"Sasuke asked with a finger pointing towards and out of the window , looking down at his daughter whom still had bedhead hair- using his fingers to tame her wild long hair.Kimiko nodded silently,"Sunflower,himawari."she answered."That was what daddy was looking at ,Miko-chan"he answered her first question,"what do you think when you see the sunflower?"the older raven asked the younger one.

"Hm,"Kimiko hummed,tapping her finger to her chin as she immersed herself in her own thoughts for a moment,"Happiness and sunshine!Warmth!"she replied,looking up at Sasuke for a sign of approval.He nodded approvingly at her answer to Kimiko's delight.Lifting Kimiko up into his arms,he propped the curious four year old onto his hip as he brought her outside into the garden,setting her down once they reached the spot where the bright yellow flower grew.

Squatting down,Kimiko neared her face towards the radiant flower,burying her nose into it to catch a whiff of its sweet tangible scent."Himawari.."she muttered softly,slowly looking behind her shoulder where her father stood,"Was this flower what you were thinking about daddy?Is himawari your favourite flower?"she questioned ,Sasuke nodded.

"Himawari.."she uttered again,her face beaming as she continued to look at Sasuke,"My favourite flower too!"the child cried excitedly with her hand sticking out to touch the petals.

'My favourite flower,sunflower,himawari.'Naruto's voice echoed in Sasuke's head.

His chest tightened,crouching down next to Kimiko,Sasuke reached out to hold his daughters hand,causing her head to turn and look at him."Let's go buy some sunflowers to plant in our garden ,okay?We'll get your favourite food for breakfast on the way too."he said in a quiet voice,any louder and he knew his voice would give his emotions away.

"Yes!Let's go daddy!"the excited girl bounced up immediately,gripping her fathers hand tightly gearing off towards the gardens gate with Sasuke in tow.Behind them as the gate closed with a silent squeak , a gust of wind blew, the lone flower swayed along to it.

A/N:That's a wrap for Chapter 3!I hope you all really liked it and Happy Valentine's Day everyone!I really wanted to write about sunflowers and i thought it'd be a nice fit into this story line,the sunflower in Japanese , Himawari( ヒマワリ) fits naruto's personality so well and it'll be mentioned often in the story line!Once again, thank you all so much for reading and please remember to vote,comment and share!

Ps.I wrote a SasuNaru one shot and it'd mean loads if you guys read it .Its titled 'The last leaf'.