'I love you'-whispered when you're gone.

Sasuke stared at the picture for a second or two, and then set it down in the box with a tired sigh. Everything else had been packed up already, those lingering traces of Naruto ... but the photos and their glass frames were delicate, so he had to make sure all of them ended up on the top.

Sasuke weren't sure why he was doing this, really. Caring if they broke, caring to stow it all away carefully. Perhaps it was some sentimental way of remembering him - of treasuring him even though he was gone - even he knew he should just toss it all out and try to move forward.

Sasuke knew that, but even still, he stared numbly down at his smiling face behind the reflected shine of the light overhead, and suddenly it hurt again, as fresh and raw as the moment he'd first heard the news. Naruto was happy in that photograph, leaning against him with a bright grin on his face. He was so, so happy.

and he'd been happy too.

"I love you," he said, hiswarbling voice betraying a crack in the stoic facade he tried so desperately to maintain. Sasuke covered his mouth with his hand, bowing his head and taking a deep, deep breath in an attempt to compose himself. Naruto was dead, and no matter how many tears he shed, it wouldn't do anything to bring him back. So they should.

I promise. I won't ever leave you.

That memory broke him and he gritted his teeth, his deep, shaky breaths muffled by the fabric of his sleeves. For a moment - a single, stupid moment - he found himself wishing he could go there too, to that wonderful, bright world beyond all this filth and dust and mold. Then he could say it - those three words, letting Naruto hear them again and again.

But Sasuke couldn't. He was here still, putting all the traces of Naruto away in the basement, and he could only hope for his happiness now.

Upstairs, Sasuke could hear the phone start to ring, and the cry of a baby joined it soon after. Sasuke stood slowly, telling himself once more that sorrow wouldn't do him any good. After all - there were some things he couldn't put in a box and hide away, and he still needed to tend to the world he had left behind.

So Sasuke walked up the stairs, to where the sound came from. Yes,this was where he would devote the rest of his life to. To the beautiful soul that would depend on him. To this beautiful dark haired angel that his love had left behind.

A/N:Soo this is just a small little drabble of when Naruto passed on and how Sasuke felt. It just short and sweet to make up for the month or so I've yet to update and I hope y'all really enjoy this :) let me know for sure if you guys would like little drabbles like this throughout the story !