12.

Fragments of long raven hair dropped to the floor as the now six year old Uchiha sat on the high chair in the saloon. Her eyes fixed on the reflection of her father whom was sitting behind her.

The young Uchiha was now six and Sasuke had deemed her old enough to start her training as a ninja. Besides ,she was about to start at the academy soon. Having a head start in training wasnt such a bad idea.

  He hadn't forced Kimiko into life as a shinobi. He had allowed her to choose ,to be a civilian or a shinobi. Naturally she chose the latter.

In everyone's eyes she was supposed to be a prodigy ,being the descendant of the prodigious Uchiha and Kyuubi host.

She had been clamouring her father to train her day in day out. She had expressed strong interest to be a shinobi since she could convey her feelings. He couldn't deny the wishes of his child ,after all she was the only one he gave in to for everything.

Today was the day he had promised to teach her the first jutsu that every Uchiha to date must first master ; Fire Style , Fireball justsu.

"She's growing up so fast." Sasuke thought to himself bitterly. If he could ,he would wish Kimiko to stay little forever. He couldn't bear the thought of his little girl growing up and leaving him one day to possibly start her own family. He wanted Kimiko to stay his little girl forever.

"Daddy,daddy! Do you like my hair ?" Kimiko chirped the moment the hairdresser gave her the permission to come down from the chair.

Sasuke smiled at his daughter. Her once waist long hair was now just barely below her shoulder.

"Beautiful." Sasuke responded the same way he always did when Kimiko asked,"Always as beautiful as I remembered."

The young girl beamed at her father before she turned to thank the hairdresser.

'She's growing up too fast.' Sasuke thought again ,he didn't think that she would grow up this quick. He still remember her an infant. He still remembered how she fit in his arms perfectly. It was as if she was moulded to fit in his arms.

"C'mon Kimiko ,let's go." Sasuke pushed opened the door as he held out his hands for her.

"Okay!"

Gripping her father's hand tightly ,father and daughter made their way into the bustling Konoha streets.

As Sasuke walked down the streets he had  walked a thousand times ,he glanced down at his daughter and smiled. He felt a wave of Déjà vu wash over him. He was just about her age as he walked down this street hand in hand with his father.

Now it was his turn ,as a grown up ,walking hand in hand with his offspring. He couldn't imagine the day his daughter would be doing the same with her child;his grandchild.

Sasuke's heart ached at the thought of his daughter leaving his side;though he knew it was inevitable.

"Miko?" He called her name gently ,giving her hand a gentle squeeze to get her attention.

"Yes , daddy?"

"Will you always love daddy?" He questioned. Although he knew her answer ,he just wanted the words to come out of her mouth.