He Is My Home

Y/N POV:  

It has been three years since I left him behind...

But I have regretted it more than I thought I would...because I still love him.

I have graduated high school with my dream of becoming an Interior designer...but as I am sitting here on the swing he used to push me on after school, I have come to realize that he is more important.

Looking around at the world I have been inhabiting made me understand that this is not my home...my home became where my heart is.  And he is my heart and he is my home..

I need him but I do not deserve him... 

I do not know what to do..

Taehyung POV:

"Your Majesty, the village has been depressed for the last 3 years.It has gotten so bad that the villagers are asking for you to do something." Spoke General Hoseok 

".....General Hoseok, I have done all that I could to lift their spirits.  We invited the children to the castle, gave them more land, we even had a festival! What more do they want..."

"A queen."

"What?!"

"A-"

"I heard you!  We had a meeting about this long ago. I informed everyone that there will never be a queen in the future. Unlike my father, I care very much for their wellbeing and happiness.  Why is it, that they want the one thing I can not give them? Am I not good enough for them?..."

"Your Majes-"

"Just leave. They are just like her..."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Hoseok lower his head "Yes, your Majesty."

Hoseok bowed and walked out of the throne room as I stared out the window. 

I pulled a folded piece of paper out from my garment that I kept on me at all times.

It was a letter I wrote to Y/N that I just could not let go of.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Dear Y/N,

It has been exactly one hundred years since you said you hate me.  And every day I told myself that it was not true, that you were just saying it for some reason.  But I have not been able to come up with one.  I loved you...I still do, so when you said that I hoped you would take it back.  But here we are...With each day that passes, I miss you more than the last.  Y/N, I don't know what to do without you.  I can not live without you, but it is what you wanted so it seems I have to make do.  Do you know what it is like having an unrequited love from a distance?  I do, and it is excruciating and it never stops.  I have wanted to give it all up, but that would be irresponsible. I can not keep letting our past ruin my future. But I love you, so what can I do? Anyway, it is not like you will read this letter..but please come back to me.....you're my soulmate so if I am not with you, everything is meaningless. But no matter I will be here, waiting.

Forever yours, Tae

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

I stared at the letter; thinking of it all, not paying attention to my surroundings.

"Excuse me, Your Majesty." Startled, I quickly fold the letter and put it back in my garments.

"Yes, what is it, General Park?"

"The Earth Kingdom is wanting to expand their territory to the west since their population is growing but it might reach the Wind Kingdom."