1

•••

•••

It was at three in the morning, in the middle of the week, when I decided I was going to spontaneously pack up what little belongings I owned into my suitcase and leave. Was it absurd to do something this drastic based on a thought that popped into my head at three in the morning? Absolutely. But was I still going ahead with it? Yes. I don't know where the idea came from or how it woke me up the way that it did, but all I know is that I have not been able to get it off my mind since. Obviously packing up and leaving everything behind is not something that can be done overnight, but I began the process of doing so the same morning I was woken up.

That was two weeks ago, and I had finally been given the go ahead. All of my paperwork was finalized, my apartment was now completely empty and I was ready to give back my key, and I had just quit my job. I was beyond anxious, because this is something so out of the norm for me. Ask anyone who knows me, and they will tell you that never in their wildest dreams would I, Italia Knight, drop and leave everything behind to start a new life somewhere else. And in all honesty, I don't even know if I was making the right decision, but who's to say I wasn't?

I place the last item in my luggage and zip it up, smiling as I set it by the door. I had one night left in my apartment, but since it was emptied out I thought it was best to spend the night with my parents, one last time. I grab my bag and my suitcase and close the light, taking in the space that I called home for the last four years. I close the door behind me and walk out of the apartment complex, taking in the cool, crisp air.

My parents lived about twenty minutes away from me so I took my time getting there, wanting to take in my surroundings one last time. I was moving, yes, but I still did not know where exactly. I chose to travel before I find a place to settle down, and the first place on my list is Australia. I have a flight booked for tomorrow morning. The flight is the longest flight I have ever been on, and I have to make two different stops. To say I am nervous, would be a huge understatement.

I finally arrive at my parents house and park in their driveway, slightly jogging towards their door and ringing the doorbell. I shake my head as my mom opens the door, tears running down her face. "Mom, you promised!", I sigh as I step inside and pull her into a hug. "I know honey, I'm sorry, I know you don't like it when I cry, but I'm going to miss you so much". She kisses the top of my head and grabs my bag, leaving it near the stairs. "Honey, Italia is here, come on". I hear footsteps and smile as I see my stepdad walk in. "Hey, sweetheart!", he smiles as he runs to hug me. I hug him back, laughing against his chest as he ruffles my hair.

"Let's sit down, I made your favorite!", my mom gushes as she directs me towards the dining room. I smile as I see all of the food on the table. Our last meal as a family. I sit down and quickly fill my plate, eagerly taking a bite. "So, what's the plan", my mom sighs. I shrug my shoulders and swallow my food before answering, "I have a flight for Australia tomorrow morning, but so far that's all I have planned. I want to travel a little bit before I decide where I want to settle down"

My mom nods her head but doesn't say anything. When I told my parents the news, my mom wasn't as accepting as my stepdad was, and she's still having a hard time processing it all. I don't blame her, though. "Are you sure you're making the right decision, Italia? This is a huge risk you're taking".

"I know it is, trust me, I do, but I've never had a gut feeling like this before, and I can't ignore it. I've tried to, but the urge has only grown stronger", I tell her as I take a sip of water. I eye her carefully as she tosses her food around her plate. "Mom", I sigh. "Listen, if this turns out to be a bad decision, then you can tell me you told me so, but if it turns out to be an amazing decision, then I think it's worth the risk. Just, please trust me on this", I beg her as I set down my fork. My mom looks at me, her eyes darting back and forth between me and my stepdad. "Fine, but you better come up with a plan, and fast. I don't like the idea of you traveling all over the world and not having a house to go home to at night"

"I promise I'll make this work. I have a good feeling about this, and you of all people know that doesn't happen often. I just need a change in my life. I need a change in scenery and a new life, and if I'm being completley honest, I haven't felt like myself in a really long time", I say truthfully as I lean back into the chair. "You think I haven't noticed? You're not my child for nothing. You know I love you, and you know that I support whatever makes you happy, so if doing this will make you happy, then go for it", she says. I shuffle out of my chair and walk towards my mom, engulfing her in a tight hug. "I love you,  momma", I whisper into her ear. "I love you too, angel, always".

Once we're done dinner I help them clean up the table and wash the dishes. "Mom, I'm gonna head to bed, I have to wake up early tomorrow".

"Okay sweetheart, I'll wake you up a little earlier so you don't have to rush". I nod my head and bid them both goodnight before grabbing my bag near the stairs and walking into the guest bedroom. I quickly change into a pair of pyjamas and jump onto the bed, grabbing the blankets and pulling them up to my chin. Tomorrow was the beginning of a new and unpredictable life, and though the unknown of it all was scary, it was also exciting.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi guys and welcome to my new book "Airborne"! To say I'm excited to release this book would be a complete understatement. I'm so excited to finally share this with you all and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it. Although the first chapter is quite short, I can assure you that the chapters will be getting longer as the story progresses.

If you haven't already guessed, yes, this is a Sebastian Stan story. I had a hard time deciding who I wanted to write a book about but something just told me that another, and brand new, Sebastian story would be the right choice. I will absolutely be releasing other stories about different characters and people in the future, but for now, I am focusing on this book.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I also wanted to wish you all a Happy belated Valentine's Day!

- Sabrina