13

•••

•••

"How's she doing?", I hear someone say. "Good. She's tough", someone answers back. I slowly open my eyes and groan as I grab my head. "Seb?", I call out. I feel someone grab my hand and I turn to see Sebastian looking down at me. "Good morning", he sings. I sit up, slowly, and push my hair behind my ear. "Morning?". I look around and notice I'm no longer in the hospital, but back in our hotel room. "Hungry? Anthony just came back with breakfast", he says as he helps me up. I slowly move to the table, disregarding my crutches near my bed.

"There she is! Our very own superhero", Anthony cheers as he nudges my shoulder. I smile as he sits down. "You guys are crazy. I'm far from a superhero", I laugh as I reach into the bag of food. I take a big bite of my breakfast bagel and sigh in relief. "That's so good", I mumble through my bites as I close my eyes. "And I thought Sebastian was the food connoisseur", I hear Anthony say. I open my eyes and shove him. "Leave me alone, I haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning", I comment as I take another bite of my food. "I've never seen you eat like this", Sebastian laughs as he takes a sip of his coffee. "Oh my god!", I scream as I look across the table. Anthony jumps back and looks at me. "What?"

"Are those breakfast potatoes?", I cry as I point to the small bag. Anthony puts a hand on his chest and sits back down. "Seriously? I thought something happened"

"She wants her breakfast potatoes", Sebastian laughs as he grabs the bag and hands it to me. "I love food", I laugh as I look at Anthony and Sebastian. "We can see that...", Anthony says as he slowly hands me a stack of napkins. I grab them and set them beside me as I swallow harshly. I take a sip of coffee and sit back, taking a moment to breathe. "How are you feeling?", Sebastian asks me as he looks at me with concern written all over his face. He hasn't stopped looking at me like that since yesterday. "Besides getting hit by a car, I feel good", I joke to try and lighten the mood. Sebastian cracks a small smile but it doesn't reach his eyes. Anthony laughs and I smile as I take a sip of my coffee.

"Sebastian", I say as I reach for his hand. "I'm fine", I emphasize as I urge him to look at me. He nods his head and avoids my eyes. "Yeah, I know...I know". But I wasn't convinced he knew I was okay. I didn't think my accident would affect him this much. It wasn't anything severe, thankfully, but it seems to have struck a nerve with him and that worried me. He excuses himself and leaves the hotel room, leaving Anthony and I alone. "Is he okay? I keep telling him I'm fine", I say to Anthony. He sighs and sits up as he clasps his hands together. "You have to understand that when Sebastian cares for someone deeply, anything that happens to them, good or bad, affects him. If you're happy, so is he. If you're in pain, he'll be in pain, too. It's like his feelings are heightened when it comes to those he loves and cares about. When you fell asleep in the hospital yesterday, he started to cry"

"Really?", I ask him. He nods his head. "Even if you don't think the accident was severe, to him it's like the world was ending. He wouldn't leave your side, not even to go to the bathroom"