4

^ I love these goofballs so much

•••

When I arrive in New York I eagerly look for Sebastian. I walk around, trying to find him, but to no avail. I grab my phone and go to text him, when I see I've been spammed by Leo. I ignore them for now, and click on Sebastian's name. "Excuse me, miss? But you'll have to come with me", someone behind me says. My heart begins to race and I turn around to see Sebastian, a huge smile etched on his face. I slap his arm as I hold onto my chest. "You scared me!". He laughs as he pulls me into a hug and I do the same. "You look good. Much more tanned than the last time I saw you", he comments as we walk towards the exit.

"You cut your hair", I say as I point to his short hair. "I'm happy to see you", I say as we reach his car. He grabs my bags and puts them in the trunk, then jogs over to me to open my door. "After you", he bows down. I laugh as I sit inside the car. He closes the door, then jogs over to the driver's seat and gets in. "Thank you". He starts the car and pulls out of the parking lot, getting onto the main road. "So, what's new? Tell me what you've been up to the last couple of months", he says as he looks over at me. He drums his fingers on the steering wheel to an unidentifiable beat. "Well-", I begin to say but get cut off by my phone ringing. I see Leo's name flash on the screen but quickly deny the call. "Sorry about that, as I was saying, I-". My phone starts to ring again and Sebastian raises his eyebrows. "Are you going to answer that?".

I swallow harshly as I feel my face heat up. I knew that the moment I answered my phone, I'd get chastised and verbally abused by Leo, but I pick up nonetheless, wanting to get it over with. "Hello?"

"Where the hell are you? Do you have any idea how you made me look last night when you disappeared? I've called you fifty times and texted you about hundred times. Where are you?", he yells through the phone. Sebastian shifts in the driver's seat, obviously hearing every word Leo was saying. "I don't have to answer to you!"

I hear him laugh menacingly on the other end of the phone. "But you do, and you will! I want answers"

"Yeah? You want answers? Well I'll give them to you plain and simple. We're through, Leo, and I should've never said yes to being your girlfriend and I should have never forgiven or trusted you the night you said you wouldn't treat me the way that you did at the restaurant, ever again. I should've known better. You have no right to control me or belittle me, and I'm tired of you insulting me every second we spend together. I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you, and quite honestly, with a personality like yours, I don't think anyone is. Please, do me a favor and delete my number. I don't ever want to see you, or speak to you, ever again", and with that I hang up the phone, aggressively shoving it into my bag with a huff.

I pat my face to try and cool down as I turn to look at Sebastian, who was already looking at me. We were stopped at a red light. "Well...that was something", he starts as he clears his throat. I sigh as I lean my head in my hands. "You don't even want to know", I mumble as I push my sleeves up, beginning to get hot. "Are you okay?"