Chapter One

It was early morning, typically too early for me or anyone in my Aunt's family, however, if I wanted to make breakfast and have something to eat before my travel to work, I had to get up this early. I had created a routine for myself, get up, brush my hair, get an early morning training session in, shower up, eat breakfast, kiss my now nearly zombie of a family (because they don't like getting up early) and then riding on the back of a merchant's trailer to the Emperor's Palace where I work as a Military Officer.

I am one of the youngest military officers, at 17, in the Emperor's military, and I am also one of the only women. I make the ride to the palace on the back of a merchant's trailer which saves me an hour and a half compared to the two hour trek, if you were to walk.

But back to breakfast. I knew that I had to be quiet. However, when you are up this early and you are out of a normal routine, you tend to do things completely wrong. I decided on a traditional breakfast for my Aunt Chica's family, fried pork, fried eggs, chopped ají, and sweet potato mix. I was nearly done when I dropped a pan on the floor. UGGGHHHHHH.

"Good morning my wonderful niece," Chica said to me as she finished yawning and coming into the kitchen.

"I am sorry, Aunt Chica," I told her.

"But what for?" Uncle Pacha asked coming into the room, yawning as well.

"I just wanted to help out you guys. I live here for free, I work and I feel I don't help out enough. I dropped a pan, waking you, when I wanted to make breakfast. I feel terrible," I rambled. I think today is going to be a tough day. Yeah, little did I know.

"Sweetie, it all smells wonderful. You are my brother's daughter, you will always be welcome here, and you do an amazing job helping out and you also do an amazing job at your career. Goodness knows that you are the role model for the kids and the only thing holding that palace together."

Ahh, my Aunt Chica, always sassy and strong. I am glad to be raised by her.

"Well, here is your breakfast. I love you both," I kissed them both and gave a kiss to Aunt Chica's belly before going into my cousin's room, who were both still sleeping, before running out the door pulling on my laced, above-the-knee, black military boots that match my dark blue uniform and gold sash. Most military uniforms were red and blue, but I was an official, a commander, not a common soldier. I had two minutes before the merchant's cart came around and brought me along the trail to the village by the palace.

~~~~~ Time Skip~~~~~

Of course, I had to meet with Emperor Kuzco. It was my first order of the day as a high military official and to be much younger than the other soldiers around me, I was the one that Yzma and Kuzco wanted, the other soldiers wanted me to complete the job as well. Of course, both were very arrogant in their manner that oftentimes it was just a waste of time for me.

Emperor Kuzco met me in the stage room and saw that he had his morning grove going on. He was, however, muttering about some old guy getting him off his groove. I strode into the room with confidence, wondering what in the world today would bring. I heard the theme song singer the Emperor had singing.

"Don't you know he's the king of the world," he was singing.

"Good morning, Emperor Kuzco."

"Ah, it is a lovely morning, (y/-," he answered.

"Commander. As much as I love first name basis, we are leaders, not-"

"Sorry, I will correct my slipup, Commander (y/n)." I sighed, knowing he probably wasn't really serious. Still seeing he is in his groove and there is some singing in the background I stayed silent. "Mint leaf?" He asked, holding out a spearmint leaf. (Like tic tacs but they didn't have tic tacs in this setting so...)