Chapter Twelve

~~Eight Months Later~~

Kuzco's POV

Well, here goes nothing. I knocked on the new wooden door of (Y/n)'s house, and the door opened. As if it wasn't nerve-wracking enough, it was Chicha who opened. She is scary when she wants to be. I never forgot the fact that she hit me with a frying pan.

"Ahh, Kuzco, how are you?" she asked. "You know, (Y/n) isn't here. She's with Tipo and Chaca down at the library.

"I'm doing well, thank you. And I know (Y/n) is gone. Is Pacha home?"

"Yes he is. May I inquire for whom those flowers are for?" She asked. I had gotten a bouquet of yellow roses.

"They are actually for you," I answered, handing them to her. I really wanted her on my side for this next life changing request. Chicha smirked, knowingly.

"Pacha!" she yelled back.

"Yes?"

"The emperor is here to request something from us."

"Really? What for?" he asked, coming around from the back of the house. I took a seat in the living room. I remember when (Y/n) and I told her family that we were in a relationship. Pacha freaked.

"I have come to ask for something," I started, trying to hold in my nervousness. Then, I calmed down. I wasn't scared of Pacha. Like please, I have great swag, stop worrying.

"And that is?" Pacha asked, sitting down.

"I'd like to ask for your blessing to marry your niece." Straightforward and easy, now for Pacha's answer.

"Pacha?" I asked.

"Do you have a ring?"

"Yes."

"Do you have a speech prepared?"

"I was thinking I would wing it. If I try to memorize stuff it just flies out of my head, and I freeze up. But I do know what I want to get across to her."

"Ooh. Alright." That wasn't the answer he wanted. Ugh.

"Look, Pacha, I love your niece more than anything, and I want her to be with me for the rest of my life. I know that she's independent and stubborn, but I wanted to come to you first as you're her uncle, her guardian," I said, hoping to convince him. "I'm not going to propose until I have your blessing, but I'm not leaving without it either."

"Of course you can marry her, hotshot," Pacha answered, smiling.

"Yes!" I yelled. Oh yeah, I'm marrying (Y/n). I can't wait.

~~Back to Reader's POV~~

"Come on you guys, a few more steps," I said, smiling at Chaca and Tipo.

They finally ran up the steps and burst into their own house.

"We're back," I sighed, as I walked in. The kids were already jumping on to my Aunt Chicha and laughing and telling her about their day. That's when I noticed Kuzco and Pacha, they both had smiles on their faces. Suspicion: rising.

"Why are you two smiling?"

"I think that Kuzco would like to talk to you," Pacha said. I turned to him, and he smiled at me. He gently grabbed my hand and led me out into the trees by our house. I took in the fresh air and the scenery all around us.

"Do you know what today is?" Kuzco asked me.

"I don't know, should I?" I asked.

"It's very important."