Chapter Eight

(Reader's pov, first person)

We finally made it back to the palace into Yzma's secret lab. On the downside, we were all wet.

"Why does Yzma even have that lever?" Kuzco asked as he kicked the alligator away.

"Probably to prevent something like this from happening," I explained, trying to dry myself off, of course, Pacha was perfectly fine as he was the one who pulled the lever.

"It was a rhetorical question!" Kuzco exclaimed.

Pacha pulled the other lever this time and we all were transported to the other side of the wall, into a roller car.

"Please remain seated and keep your arms and legs in at all times," a voice over said as the car pushed the safety bar down. We all screamed as we went down the rollercoaster. I ended up landing perfectly fine but I was in the same lab coat as Emperor Llamahair (I also landed on him, but we aren't talking about that. We are also not talking about how red my cheeks were when I realized I landed on him) and it was kinda uncomfortable. Pacha was also in a lab coat much too tight for him. We all quickly tore the coats off and ran to the stations.

They were surrounded by hundreds of pink potions and purple & blue tools. There was no real way of telling the difference between all of them. See, if she had just labeled them....wait, nevermind, I don't want to think about Kuzco dying if she had labelled them.

"What does it look like," Pacha asked.

"I don't know, just keep looking," Kuzco answered, also looking through different potions. I opened up a cabinet door shaped like an owl.

"Over here," I said. The boys hurried over, "It has to be one of these....lions, tigers, and bears-"

"Oh my," Yzma said from behind us, "Looking for this?" she came out of the shadows and held out a bottle of pink potion that I guessed was the human one because there weren't any other human ones in the cabinet.

"No, it can't be! How did you get back here before us?" Kuzco asked. Yeah, I'm confused about that as well.

"Uh, how did we Kronk?" Yzma asked, apparently confused as well.

"Well, you got me," he said, pulling down a map. There were red markings of how my group got back to the palace and blue markings for how Yzma and Kronk fell into a river. "By all accounts, it doesn't make sense."

"Oh well, back to business," Yzma said, not really caring.

"Okay, I admit it, I wasn't as nice as I should have been-," Kuzco said, scared now.

"Finally admits it," I muttered. Kuzco obviously didn't hear me because he continued.

"But do you really want to kill me?" Kuzco inquired.

"Just think of it as you're being let go, that your life is going into a different direction, that your body's part of a permanent outplacement."

"Hey, that's kind of what he said to you when he fired you," Kronk commented.

"You fired her?" I whisper-yelled. "Seriously?"

"Nobody liked her," Kuzcko answered back.

"True."

"I know, it's called a cruel irony. Like how I am dependent on you to finish this job," Yzma said, annoyed.

I noticed she was under a chandelier and it was held by a rope tied to the wall behind Kronk. Grabbing one of my daggers, I quickly threw it at the rope, cutting it, and the chandelier fell to the ground. Only one problem though, Yzma was skinnier than the center of the chandelier. So the chandelier fell right around/through her.