Chapter Three

I was able to catch up with Pacha when he was in the Palace market. He was trodding slowly, anyways. I started strolling beside him, and he turned his head to me and smiled. He reminded me a bit of Eeyore. Sad, but trying to force a smile for the sake of me.

"I might have just ruined my job. I will probably be demoted in the morning. It's my break this week anyways, so," I said, trying to keep my Uncle's mind off of the destruction of the village. It wasn't working, I knew that. I also knew that I shouldn't end my sentence with a coordinating conjunction.

"There are some Pionono and Churros in the market if you wish to get some. I know a guy who always gives them to me for a decent price," I said, as we continued walking towards our llama and Pacha's cart.

Pacha nodded solemnly. We got our churros and ate them as we walked with our llama. Little did we both know that a bag was thrown, accidentally, onto our cart with an unconscious Emperor Kuzco. He was definitely not enjoying his dinner today.

~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~

We had finally made it home, and Chaca jumped into Pacha's arms and Tipo jumped into mine, causing me to drop my weaponry. My bag was on the cart.

"Dad, (y/n)!" They both exclaimed.

"Dad, (y/n)! I ate a bug today!" Tipo said very proudly, hanging onto my arm. I smiled at how exciting he made that sound. Chaca and Tipo switched places with each other and now Chaca was hugging my neck.

"Oh, was Auntie Chicha baking again? Don't tell her I said that," I said to the kids, exciting them.

"I heard that."

"Well, (y/n/n), we do miss your baking," Chaca said, truthfully. "And your cakes!"

"Everybody move, lady with a baby coming through," Chicha went up to Pacha and kissed him lightly. I smiled at the sight with Chaca.

"Look at how big I am!" Tipo interrupted his parents and dragged them both to the doorframe that had the measurements of how tall Chaca and Tipo were. "I' m as big as you were Dad, when you were my age." I noticed that Chicha had entertained Tipo by increasing his height through his ponytail that was on top of his head.

"Not as impressive as my loose tooth, see?" Chaca said, pushing aside her brother.

"Alright, alright. The deal was you two could stay up until your dad and your cousin (y/n) got home. Now off to bed," Chicha told the kids.

"Awww Dad! Do we have toooo?" Tipo and Chaca asked at the same time, giving their dad big puppy eyes.

"Sure you can stay up," Pacha started with a slight smirk, "We'll just be talking about how much we love each other," Pacha said snuggling up to a blushing Chicha and leaning in for a sloppy kiss. Perfect for making the kids grossed out.

"Ewwwwww!" The kids started saying, to which I nodded and chuckled for them. I ushered them into their bedrooms to read them a book so they could go to sleep, but they instead begged me for a story about being in the military. They were enamored by it and soon fell asleep. I went back to my room to change into my white tunic with my gray alpaca poncho so I didn't have to stay in my uniform much longer. I loved my gray poncho. It was a lot like Pacha's green one, but mine was striped and many different shades of gray. I made it when I was 14 with my Aunt Chicha. She suggested making it when I was nervous about my military training. I pulled on some leather brown combat boots instead of my black military ones. Sweet relief.

I snuck back into the family room where Pacha and Kuzco were talking. I saw Pacha looking longingly around the house and knew that he was thinking of Kuzcotopia. Also, apparently, Pacha lied! It's a scandal! Treacherous! I don't know who my uncle is anymore! I have spent too much time with the Emperor. Dang, that almost 18-year old! Anyways, Pacha lied to Chicha about seeing the Emperor, to which she turned to me and asked about my day at work.