Chapter Four

We trekked through the jungle on the main trail. Soon we came to a ledge and saw Kuzco the llama being backed up by jaguars. To put the cherry on top, he was on a mossy cliff. Pacha grabbed a vine and swung, chanting like Tarzan. I also grabbed one and swung so I could hold off the jaguars. Pacha missed grabbing Kuzco, and I let go of my rope and landed in front of Kuzco, to hold off the black jaguars.

"How did you miss?" I exclaimed as I smoothly landed, knocking an arrow at the lead jaguar, who slowly backed up. He or she still growled though. Pacha swung back again, like a pendulum and grabbed the both of us.

"Don't worry, I got you, your highness," Pacha exclaimed.

"What am I to you? Chopped liver?" I exclaimed.

"You would have handled yourself!"

"Against a pack of jaguars?! You are overestimating my ability to fight jaguars, Uncle!"

"Okay, okay, you two shut-" Kuzco was cut off by being tied around a nearly broken log branch. "Okay, I may be new to this whole rescuing thing, but this to me, might be considered kind of a step backwards. Wouldn't you say?"

"Kuzco.... We just saved you from being jaguar dessert. Do us all a favour and don't correct us on how to save your sorry llama a-"

"No, no, no, it's okay," Pacha interrupted me, trying to reassure the Emperor.

"This is alright, we can figure this out, (y/n), don't you have a dagger?" Pacha asked.

"Sure, let me cut off the rope that ties us to this tree, and we then can fall to our death."

Then we hear the branch crack a bit. Oh my word. This won't be good. The silence around us was petrifying.

As the branch completely broke off Kuzco concluded, "I. Hate. You." I am hoping right now that he is talking to Pacha and not me. All three of us screamed and plunged into the water below us. Once we resurfaced, we started choking out the water and gasped in the air. We slowly bobbed down the river.

"Oh no," Pacha stated.

"Don't tell me, we're about to go over a huge waterfall," Kuzco guessed.

"Yep," Pacha answered.

"Sharp rocks at the bottom?" he continued.

"Most likely," I answered, pretending to be cool about it. I had nothing else to do anyways.

"Bring it on," Kuzco said. We then fell over the huge waterfall. I wonder why I do this to myself.

'Booyahahaha!" Kuzco yelled out. We hit the water at the bottom of the waterfall and the log broke into pieces. We are free, and alive. At least I hope.

I swam towards land and pushed myself up and out of the water. I started counting the amount of arrows I still had, some of them were lost in the water, strapping in my daggers tighter and checking my bow just to make sure it's not broken. With this trio, who knows what's going to happen. I look up to see Uncle Pacha carrying the Emperor out of the water.

A little while after we all got out of the water and were alive (thank goodness), we set up a small camp area with a fire. Kuzco was gargling water and soap in his mouth because he believed that Pacha was going to kiss him when he woke up, when really Pacha was going to try and give him CPR. I tried to explain this to Kuzco, but being the diva he is, he didn't listen.

Wait, where did he get the soap? Or was it toothpaste?

"For the last time, it was not a kiss," Pacha said, rolling his eyes at the llama.