Chapter Two

I welcomed new people into the throne room, knowing that they probably won't be listened to. I tried my best to give all of them advice, but I hardly think many of them followed the advice knowing that the Emperor, and the Emperor's advisor Yzma, looked beyond powerful and scary in the throne room. I faltered a bit when I saw my Uncle Pacha coming in through the doors.

"Uncle Pacha?"

"Hello, Commander. I have a summons from the Emperor, I just got it this morning."

"I will send you in."

"This is cool, I get to see you at work!" Pacha exclaimed softly, behind my back as I turned towards the doors. I turned and gave him a small smile.

"Emperor Kuzco, the village leader, Pacha, is here to see you," I said strutting into the throne room and stopping halfway there.

"Ah yes! Send him in!" I snapped my fingers and the guards moved away from the doors. This allowed the astonished Pacha into the throne room. He kept looking around, awed by the throne room's grand decor.

"Hey! There he is. My main village man!" Kuzco said from his throne.

"Um...Pacha," Uncle Pacha said with an awkward laugh.

"Anyway, I got this summon," he said looking at the paper and rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah, that's right. You are just the man I wanted to see!"

"I am," Pacha asked, confused. He is?

"Word in the street is, you can fix my problem," the Emperor stated, sliding down a rope and landing on the floor. What problem is he talking about?

"You can fix my problem, can't you?" Kuzco asked strutting to Pacha, while I still stand there to the side, not being given any orders.

"Sure, I'll do what I can," Pacha shrugged, always content with helping out.

"Good, good, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Are you aware of how important your village is to the empire?" Kuzco implored, taking my uncle to a side room. I had a mental debate with myself, but my curiosity and protectiveness of my family's village won out.

"Well, I do know I grow the crops that you use in the palace, my niece even helps with that. We also herd the llamas-" I caught up to them, and Pacha realized that Kuzco didn't know I was his niece, not that it really mattered for what Kuzco had in mind. Kuzco presented a model of the village we live in.

"My village?" Pacha asked, leaning forward to inspect the model.

"You got a pretty sweet setup on top of that hill, don't ya?" Kuzco asked, elbowing Pacha.

"Yes, my family has lived up on that hill top for the past six generations," Pacha said, giving a big smile. However, I didn't know that about my Uncle's family. Six generations.

"So tell me, where do you think you get the most sun?" Where is this going? I don't trust what the Emperor's questioning.

"I'd say just on the other side-" Pacha said, walking Emperor Kuzco to the other side of the village model. I can't believe he touched the Emperor, and Kuzco didn't say anything about it. "-of those trees. When the sun hits that ridge just right, this hill sings."

"Well, that settles it!"

"Really?" Pacha asked.

"Settles what, sir?" I asked, knitting my eyebrows with suspicion clouding my thoughts.

"Oh Commander, hi, yes, problem solved. Thanks for coming," Kuzco said, patting Pacha on the chest with his last statement.

"That's it? That's all you wanted me for?" Pacha asked, now very confused. I was very confused, as well.

"I just needed an insider's opinion before I ok'd this spot for my pool." WHAT?

"Uh, your pool?" Pacha and I asked at the same time. However I was way more skeptical than intended.

"Booyah!" Kuzco slammed a model palace on the model village which made Pacha jump back and my eyes widen. Pacha's family house fell to the ground. "Welcome to Kuzcotopia! My ultimate summer getaway, complete with a water slide. Isn't it great? It's a birthday gift to me!" I stared, flabbergasted, at Kuzco who was now hugging the model.

"How can this be happening?" Pacha asked.

"Here, I'll lay it out for you. Tomorrow, on my 18th birthday, I will give the word. Your town will be destroyed, to make way for this!" Kuzco presses some sort of button which hums a carnival cartoon and sprays confetti all over the model.

"So if I were you, I'd pick up some change-of-address forms on the way home."

"Sir, where are the villagers supposed to live? What are you going to do about the village's crop market?"

"Don't know, don't really care," Kuzco answered. How can he not care?!?!?! "How's that?"

"Not good," I stated, flabbergasted.

"Um...but wait, you can't-"

Pacha was cut off by being restrained by two guards on Kuzco's orders. Kuzco turned to Pacha.

"When I give the word," Kuzco started walking up to Pacha, "Your little town thingy will be..bye-bye."

"Bye-bye," Kuzco said and the guards dragged my protesting uncle out of the room.

"Heh heh. Boo-hoo," Kuzco softly whispered. "So, Commander, what did you think?" He asked eagerly.

"I think that you are a selfish prick." Kuzco was now taken aback.

"That's not the reaction I was expecting from you."

"Right, you are also a brat. A spoiled one, for that matter. And what were you expecting?! I mean really? Did you want me to build you a golden shrine? Well did it ever occur to you, that you are a ruler of an empire, and there are people out there in your empire who need you to rule them, instead of you taking away their homes for your summer resort? You do realize you aren't taking your job very seriously?"

"No, plus I'm the Emperor, I can do whatever I want."

"Well, I was trained in the military, I can kill you. But I haven't yet, and I'm not going to," I said, angry. "You know what, I'm leaving. I can't reason with you."

"Uhhh, where you going, Commander?" Kuzco asked as I turned to leave.

"Well, it's nearly dinner, anyways. I am going to my home to spend one last night there with my family before it turns into Kuzcotopia," I stated, pointing at the little model of my house that was on the floor. It was the one that used to be on top of the hill, and now, Emperor Kuzco knew that he had just told my Uncle and me that he was taking away my home. If he even remembered my morning talk with him about my family.