Chapter Eleven

Sooooo, the Emperor and I have been dating for what seems like awhile has really only been like four months. Aunt Chicha has had her baby, and my gosh the baby is cute! Anyways, as of right now, we have both been able to keep it a secret from my Aunt and Uncle. Emperor Kuzco has stayed close in touch with my family after he was turned into a llama. He comes over every Sunday for dinner and plays with Chaca and Tipo.

To say that I was extremely happy to be with Kuzco is an understatement. He treats me like a queen, already. He often talks about the future with me, he spoils me (which I tell him not too and he says that he knows that I'm very independent but wishes to treat me like I deserve) and he cares about me. A lot.

I know that Kuzco definitely wanted to stop keeping our relationship a secret and would prefer to stop having to jump away from me and pretend we were just having a normal conversation. He would also like to tell my family. Now, it's not that I'm embarrassed, it's just that I wasn't ready for our relationship to be pressured, and in the case of my family, be teased.

Kuzco was able to understand that, but that didn't stop his want to tell the whole world that I was his. We both compromised and decided to tell my family first. It was only right.

~~~Sunday Dinner~~~~

"Would you like some more sweet potato, you highness?" Chaca asked Kuzco politely.

"I would, thank you," he said. "And call me Kuzco, darling."

"So, Kuzco," My aunt started with an authoritative tone. Uh oh, where is this going? "Are you interested in anyone or romantically involved with anyone as of the late?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. Kuzco stopped dishing sweet potatoes onto his plate, and I stopped cutting my chicken. We both looked up at each other and had a silent conversation. I smirked and winked at him. Thankfully, Kuzco caught on.

Why not make this fun?

"Actually, yes. I am romantically involved," Kuzco declared, smirking. That cheeky little minx, I love him.

"Really?" I asked. "Why didn't you tell me? I am after all your closest friend and general."

That threw off my Aunt. She obviously suspected me and Kuzco were together.

"Why yes. You know, you're right, I should have told you first. I'm sorry, (Y/n)."

"Yeah! Be sorry," Tipo said for me. I smiled.

"Yeah!" I copied Tipo, trying not to laugh.

"So, is it a he or a she?" I asked, cutting my meat yet again.

"It's a she!"

"Well, I didn't want to assume," I countered, licking my fingers, smirking.

"It's a she," he said, smiling.

"Have I met her before?" I asked. My family watched in interest.

"Yes, you have."

"What's she like?" I ask, my eyes glowing and putting my hands underneath my chin and my elbows on to the table. I'd really like to hear what he says.

"She is very sassy and sarcastic."

"I'm starting to like her already," I said, joyously.

"She's very caring, though never stops at a chance to playfully tease me."

"That just means she really cares about you."

"She's also very smart, beautiful, and brave."

"Ooh. Where did you find this girl? I want to formally meet her!"

Kuzco sighed, annoyed with my antics.

"Yeah, who is she?" Pacha asked, confused.

"Why, my dear Pacha, she's sitting right at this table and is your very own niece."

An array of things happened at the same time. One, my Aunt yelled, "I knew it!" right off the bat. Two, Pacha choked on a bit of his meat. Three, Chaca and Tipo started arguing over who knew that I liked the emperor before the other.

"Nu-uh!"

"Yea-huh!"

"Nu-uh!"

"Yea-huh!"

"Nu-uh!"

"Yea-huh!"

"Nu-uh!"

"Yea-huh!"

"Enough," Pacha said, still very shocked. The kids both quieted down, and Pacha looked between both Kuzco and I's smug smiles. Aunt Chicha, being the coolest and awesome person she is, smirked as well.

"Well, glad we told you all," I said, breaking Pacha out of his shocked silence.

"My NIECE!!!!" Oh gosh. Pacha had yelled at Kuzco.

"Well, when you say it like that-"

"But- but....but my niece?" he asked, incredulously.

"Would you rather me fall in love with a llama?" I asked.

"Yeah," Pacha answered, like it was obvious.

"Well, Kuzco was once a llama, so I can be with him, since I fell in love with him," I answered enthusiastically.

"Why couldn't you have fallen in love when you were 30?" Pacha asked.

"Pacha, darling, seriously?" asked Chicha.

"Yeah, seriously, Pacha, you knew this day would come," Kuzco said, lazily.

"You. You better not even think about hurting (Y/n). I swear-"

"No, no, no, no, trust me Pacha, I would never dream of hurting (y/n)," Kuzco said in all seriousness. "I love her, and I would never even think about doing that." He came over and sat beside me at the table. He kissed my cheek and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me close.

"Well, I'm glad you two are together and are working out," Pacha concludes. I don't think Pacha can actually be mad for longer than two minutes. I smiled and pecked Kuzco's lips.

Aunt Chicha turned to Uncle Pacha.

"Pay up."