CHAPTER 01: Three years later...

Konohagakure, The Hidden Leaf Village.

Uchiha Sarada

Without her father and Boruto, Konohagakure was a different place. Well, at least it was for her.

Her father had left the village three years ago, as usual; on his lifelong mission to maintain secured peace for the hidden leaf village through the shadows. Just this time, he had taken his student along, both to hone his skills and to keep him away from the village, which she had just recently learned about. It was said to be related to his Jōgan and Karma seal.

She found out when they were on a trip to rescue a few hostages and Mitsuki asked Lord Seventh about Boruto and why he had left the village. Hokage-Sama had unintentionally spilt the confidential secrets, and it was too late when Mr Shikamaru had literally shut his mouth for him. But the damage had already been done, and Team Konohamaru was well aware of it.

Sarada knew that somewhere out in the shinobi world, her father would be training Boruto, and he would keep getting stronger than he had been when he had left the village three years ago, but that was only her motivating factor... she hadn't awakened her Mangekyo Sharingan yet, but she knew in time she would, practice and hard work was the trick right?

She had perfected her fireball technique and also created a variety of new techniques for herself, in both lightning and fire release. Mitsuki and Daiki had been helping her a lot in training, and yes, the replacement for Boruto was Daiki Hirako, a talented shinobi just like them, an expert in both earth and fire styles.

Aside from replacements, she had complete control over her three-tomoe Sharingun now, able to cast Genjutsu and easily decode her opponent's movements. Additionally, she had been practising with her mother every now and then, and according to her; it was only a matter of time before Sarada got the hundred healing mark on her forehead as well. She could say everyone had improved a lot since he had left, but still... not only to her, but everyone who had known Boruto, it was like the light of the sun had left them. And in Mitsuki's case, it really had.

She got out of the apartment and locked it, her mom would probably return home late, being the head doctor wasn't so easy after all...

She saw her best friend Cho-Cho waving at her from below while holding her packet of consumme' flavoured chips in the other hand. In terms of shape, Sarada had to admit that Cho-Cho had improved the most; she had discovered a way to prevent herself from using the hidden Akimichi clan technique permanently, so she wasn't overweight or chubby anymore, but a pretty and beautiful girl. But there was one draw: she had to keep eating in order to keep her calories in balance... Not like that would ever change.

"Hey, Sarada!" Cho-Cho greeted as her friend descended the steps, "want some chips?"

"No, thank you Cho-Cho... are you free today as well?" Sarada asked. Her friend nodded, "well then... help me train!"

"Nope!" Cho-Cho said making Sarada raise her eyebrows, "they are having a party at Thunder burger today, everyone's coming, and that includes you, Sarada"

"I guess I have no choice" Sarada decided, sighing deeply.

Cho-Cho examined her buddy while stuffing potato chips into her mouth. "Sarada, you should take a break, you've been practising nonstop these days... you need some rest too, and it'll affect your beauty! That's my secret to looking good and attracting guys... even though it can get annoying when they all line up and ask me out at once!" She complained, flicking her ginger hair.

Sarada had a poker face, "you bet... anyways, if that's all, then what am I going to do now?"

"What else? Let's go to Thunder Burger restaurant!" Cho-Cho exclaimed, dragging her along.