CHAPTER 42: The second group of resistance.

Uzumaki Boruto

Boruto turned to see the fallen beauty one last time, and a tear slipped down his cheek at her state. "I promise Sarada, one day, I'll make it up to you, I'm so sorry"

-<>-

Just when he'd recovered from the previous fight, another approached.

"Ninpou: Choujuu Giga!" Boruto pulled his katana out and coated it in lightning before slicing the animals that reached him and sending them down as ink. "Explode!"

Inojin's message hit his ear two seconds before the incoming drawn creatures expanded to detonate. "Water style: water wall!" Boruto blew water toward the explosion before it got him. "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" he exclaimed hastily as he fell.
His clone arrived on the ground ahead of him and caught Boruto before his feet became entangled in the paralysis. Boruto leapt away from the clone, his feet leaving the clone's shoulders, and he triggered his Jōgan while in the air. A long hand raced toward him just in time. Mitsuki... Boruto turned his body airborne to avoid Mitsuki's grasp and captured them before dragging them with all his might.

Boruto made three signs with his right hand, "lightning style: purple stream!" his lightning spread from his hands and electrocuted Mitsuki's body, but it turned into snakes instantly.

"Hebi Mikazuchi!" Boruto's eyes widened as he sensed another sudden presence right behind him.

He quickly moved and parried Mitsuki's snake lightning with his own purple one, "Shiden!"

Both of their lightning techniques cancelled each other out, and Boruto had to knee upward to avoid Mitsuki's hand stab. But Mitsuki, using the other hand, managed to cut him with a kunai. Boruto's body burst in lightning and Mitsuki took a step back, frowning.

Boruto had substituted his clone with his real self at the last moment and had changed his clone's chakra by inducing it with lightning. All in a matter of two seconds.

"Well played," Shikadai's voice said as Boruto's actual body froze. "But you've lost, Boruto." He released the shadow paralysis Jutsu and Boruto fell to the ground and removed his hood to reveal himself, exhaling.

Mitsuki walked over, his face expressionless, "Boruto, why are you leaving the village?"

"Look—"

"Are you abandoning Konohagakure?" Mitsuki's surprised tone made him smile.

Inojin jumped off his bird and stared down at Boruto along with Shikadai and Mitsuki, "you look like a beggar, I'm not going to lie"

"Thanks, Inojin, really helps," Boruto said, rolling his eyes.

Shikadai's demeanour remained unchanged, "Boruto, what are you doing?"

"As you can see, I'm trying to flee the village dattebasa." Boruto raised his brows as he spread his arms. "What did dad tell you I would be doing?"

Mitsuki gave him a hand up as Shikadai answered, "it wasn't Lord Seventh or Sasuke-san who expected you to leave the village, it was my dad. And he was right, wasn't he?"

"Ah, Shikamaru-san" Boruto smiled, shaking his head, "of course, I should have known that the biggest mastermind worked as dad's advisor..."

"That aside" Inojin furrowed his eyebrows, "good thing we were placed as guards today, I wonder what happened to Sarada"

All three guys waited for him to answer, "I—She exhausted herself by using too much chakra" Boruto said, sadly gazing at the ground.

"Now tell us Boruto" Mitsuki placed a hand on his shoulder and stared. Blue against yellow, "why are you leaving the village?"

"I guess I'm not going to be able to fight my way through this." Boruto sighed. There were three Jounin, and even if he used his Karma, Mitsuki was in sage mode, so it was useless, and unlike Sarada, these three weren't fatigued, they were in good fighting shape. "It's the only way I can become stronger, and don't think I came up with this myself, Kakashi-occhan gave me the idea—"

"Sorry?" Inojin looked at him weirdly, "say Mitsuki, did you by any chance hit his head?"

Mitsuki smiled but kept silent. "I know it's unbelievable, but I'm not going rogue or anything—" Boruto was cut off almost immediately.

"That's exactly what you're doing now, no offence" Shikadai stated, "if you're leaving the village as a citizen without permission— and what's worse, is the fact that you were supposed to be confined, so it is, whatever way look at it, going rogue, Boruto"

"Only the villagers and the ignorant will think that," Boruto remarked, "and I don't care what they say today, for as long as I love my village and its people, I will protect them." He gave a feeble smile to Mitsuki, who returned it with his trademark closed-eye smile. "I'm on a quest to save Otsutsuki Toneri, who you probably don't know about, but he's very important dattebasa. And I'll have to study everything I can on the trip by myself; it's the only way I'll be able to prepare myself for what's to come."

Shikadai looked like he was going to protest, but Inojin stepped in, "we get it, just try not to get killed"

"Thanks, and don't worry. Only you three, Kakashi-sensei, Konohamaru, and Hanabi-neechan, are aware of this. I don't want anyone else to find out, please." They nodded in sync. Boruto approached the three of them and hugged their three heads together.

Mitsuki seemed confused by his actions, "what are you doing?"

"I'm sad I have to leave" Boruto whispered, "this is called a friendship hug Mitsuki, friends hug each other when they're leaving." he smiled, knowing he would miss teaching Mitsuki lessons too...

"Oh, I see"

Boruto drew back and reapplied his mask "I'd like you three to keep an eye out for Sarada until I return; she'd hate me for saying this though. Do you I have your words?"

They nodded again, and Shikadai gritted his teeth, "don't drag things out, and come back as soon as you accomplish your mission, we'll have a war to fight together."

"I know, just watch out for my cry"

"I have no idea what that means, but whatever." Inojin spread his scroll on the floor and sketched something on it, resulting in the appearance of a bird. "Take this; you don't want to be detected by the others."

"Thank you, guys," Boruto said, wiping away tears, "until we meet again!" He climbed on top of the bird. As he rose with it, he pumped his fist at them, and they replied.

---------

That's it, and Boruto's gone!

This was the second last chapter, so ready yourselves for the last, which will come god knows when...

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!