CHAPTER 05: To Sunagakure!

"I see. And what makes you think the plan will work?" Boruto questioned his comrades.

Sumire sighed, "Boruto, we don't know if it will or won't, but we don't have an alternate plan, do we? So, we'll just lay the traps and hide until they get caught in it" and if the readers were wondering about who the 'they were, don't ask Boruto, for he didn't know either. He just got caught up on their conversation and decided that whatever the plan was, it wouldn't work... and why? That's because they didn't let him plan!

"Boruto! do you even know what we're talking about?" Wasabi snapped at him as he continued discouraging the plan.

Before he could answer, Sumire did. "of course, he does, why else would—"

Boruto interrupted her halfway through, "actually; I have no idea whatsoever on what you're talking about... mind explaining?"

Everyone stared at him with their mouths open until Tsubaki pulled out her sword. "you didn't know anything at all and you kept saying we couldn't implement the plan?" she asked, glowering at him.

"uh, well— I just woke up and—uh, you guys were talking about something—I mean I could have slept again but I thought— please don't kill me, dattebasa..." he whimpered at the four girls before him, looking ready to manslaughter.

Sumire took a deep breath as if she were trying to calm her nerves down, "we were talking about the pursuers on our tail. And please don't tell me you don't know why we stopped to take a break inside a cave."

"hey! Of course, I knew why! Because—uhm, well that's because you wanted to avoid these people, right?" Boruto asked them, his right eye twitching nervously.

"Yes, now back to the plan," Namida said, losing her angry look and turning back to the map they had been drawing the trap spots on. "We don't know why they're after us, as far as I know; none of us has anything valuable—"

"I do" Boruto intervened pulling out the decoy scroll. "I was given a solo mission to lure out thieves around the border of Sunagakure... but we aren't yet near the borders, are we?"

"We aren't. As a matter of fact, I think they may be even after one of us." Wasabi intervened glancing nervously at Sumire. Tsubaki didn't miss it.

"Sumire?" Tsubaki asked. "why would they be after her? this isn't like how it was in the village was it?"

Namida chuckled and Sumire blushed. Wasabi laughed out loud, "it probably is. Why don't you go and confront them, Sumire?"

"Cu—cut it out, you guys!" Sumire stuttered, her face was still a light shade of red.

Boruto raised his eyebrows at the girls, "Hey, hey, I'm here too, dattebasa! What am I missing out on?"

Wasabi was the first to answer, "ever since Sumire returned to the village, a lot of guys have been stalking her. We were just thinking about how our pursuers may be Sumire's fans"

"Ah?" Boruto asked, scratching his head, "why would they stalk her?"

Sumire clasped her hand over Wasabi's mouth but Namida quickly spoke up, "that's because they like her! She has become very famous around with the village guys—" Sumire quickly shut Namida up too. Tsubaki just sat on the side with a neutral expression polishing her gear.

"Oh-h! I see, so it's like how it was back in the days when that senior dude was stalking you!" Boruto exclaimed clapping his hands together. So why haven't you gone out with any of them?" he asked her raising an eyebrow. The idea of their pursuers being her stalkers was obviously incredulous, but Boruto was still curious about her.