CHAPTER 19: One weird dream.

She woke in Konoha, and yes, as weird as it sounds, she woke on the streets. And she had to mention, seeing the village destroyed with just the Hokage rocks and the single pathway she had woken on wasn't the most beautiful sight.

She got up and rubbed her eyes, was she in a dream? But she couldn't think like this if she were in one, could she?

Sarada looked around for any sign of people, maybe this was a Genjutsu, but who would have placed it on a Sharingan user in the first place? She shrugged her thoughts off and began walking in whatever direction she thought would feel right.

"Sarada!" she turned around quickly, that was Boruto's voice! "I'm so sorry..." she looked up above her and saw him floating, his face was dejected and pale, and his eyes were watery, "I know... I know it wasn't me who did it... but—" he elevated his hand and touched Sumire's cheek, wait—what? When did Sumire get here? And why was he talking to Sumire as if it were her?

"Boruto—just promise me, whatever you do—" why did Sumire sound like her? This was all so confusing! Boruto looked so beaten up and torn, whilst Sumire looked like she came dressed for a wedding.

Suddenly the scene shifted, and she saw an army, an army of cyborgs, where was she?

Before she could see any more, her father jolted her awake, "Sarada? Are you alright?" he asked her, his eyes filled with concern.

She frowned slightly, the details of what had happened during her dream were fading, and she couldn't capture them. She had seen Boruto... what had he done? she didn't know... then an army, an army of what though? she didn't know that either...

"Did I fall asleep?" she asked, as the crowd's whistles and praises entered her ears once again. The Chunin exams!

"No, you just dazed out for a few seconds," he replied, Sarada didn't want to think over it, so she looked back down into the ring.

As the other three contestants clashed, Boruto started heading toward the inner locker entrance, "what's up with him?" she puzzled.

Her father raised an eyebrow at her, "he quit. You didn't hear him?"

"I did?" she asked, questioning herself.

The match took a few more minutes to complete, and by the end, Daiki was the only one left standing, while Hima and Ehō were panting on their knees. They had wanted to join forces to go up against Daiki, but Daiki, being Daiki, had not held back and had gone all out on them, resulting in this...

"And the winner is, Hirako Daiki!" Shikadai declared as Daiki laughed and waved at the audience, most of whom were cheering and clapping for him.

Cho-Cho grimaced, "he only won because Boruto quit"

"Cut him some slack Cho-Cho" Sarada nervously smiled at her friend, "he has to become Chunin too, right?"

"Then what about Boruto? should he remain Genin like that?" Cho-Cho asked in return.

Sarada took a deep breath, "Boruto is the Hokage's son Cho-Cho, and as much as he'd hate people judging him for it, they all know he has the skills and brain to even stand against Jounin, but Daiki was new, he's like how Boruto was when we were kids... in some way at least. He is determined to prove to everyone he's good enough too because no one here knows him, every time he has to tell people he's a Genin, they think he hasn't been qualified for it, but that's not the truth, and on the other hand, Boruto is technically a hero in our village, the fight with Isshiki and all, he's already well known for his talents, I think he realized it too when he quit..."

"Oh... I see" Cho-Cho pulled out an envelope from her back pouch, "anyway" the crowd began dispersing as Daiki got his reward, the Chunin vest, and left with it. "I am having a birthday party day after tomorrow... It's cancelled if you aren't coming"