CHAPTER 35: The Uchiha clan massacre.

Uzumaki Boruto

They had spent a week in the Mist village, due to Hanabi catching a sickness after her blackout in the Mizukage Office. Boruto didn't mind at all, he sat by her side most days and helped her while Sasuke-san paid frequent visits to the Kirigakure meetings as called.

"When did you get Sasuke-san's card!?" Boruto gasped as Kagura placed his finishing card.

Kagura shrugged. "It came with the recent pack I purchased" why was he the only unlucky guy around in this damned Shinobi world!?

"Hmm" Boruto pulled out his special, "my grandpa's gonna show you what true defeat is!" he threw Minato's card on top of the arranged stack, hoping to exceed Kagura's points and win the game at least once.

Both Kagura and he focused on the scores, counting in sync. "I win!" Boruto scowled before groaning out of exhaustion; when was he ever going to surpass Kagura in this? "Too bad Boruto, I thought you had me with Lord Fourth's card. Good thing I kept my special cards safe for the end"

"Whatever..." Boruto rolled his eyes and Kagura chuckled. "I am never playing Shinobi Bout—"

"Boruto?" His aunt called from inside her room. They had decided to stay for a few days in a hotel, and Mizukage-sama had found a perfect one for them; with two rooms, where Boruto had to share with Sasuke-san, it was as if it was only his room though, considering Sasuke-san never showed up.

"Coming!" He stood up and sighed as Kagura followed his action.

Kagura gave him a sweet smile before stacking his cards and placing them in the box. "I'll go now. Practice playing some other strategy next time Boruto"

"Shut up." Boruto waved at him and he left.

Once he reached his aunt, he took her hand, sitting on the side of her bed. "How are you feeling, Big sis?" he asked her softly. Hanabi definitely looked better now than when she'd caught the illness; her colour was returning and she appeared livelier.

"Great actually" she sat up and leaned behind. "Did Sasuke-sama return yesterday?"

Boruto nodded, "yeah, once in the evening. He said if you are recovered, we can leave for Konoha today."

"We'll leave then" Hanabi closed her grey eyes, taking her drink from the bedtable and sipping on it slowly. "I have recovered"

"You sure?" Boruto searched his aunt's face. "I can't stand seeing you blackout like that anymore dattebasa" it had truly been sickening for him to see his always happy and energetic aunt pale and unavailable.

Hanabi gave Boruto a smile and opened her eyes. "Thank you, but I'm fine dear" she placed a hand on his shoulder, signalling she needed help standing up. He quickly leaned forward and helped her out of the bed and stand up.

"Shall I get Sasuke-san then?" Boruto asked. Hanabi nodded, leaving his support and walking toward the closet herself. That was assuredly an improvement... maybe he didn't have to worry much after all.

Boruto closed the door behind him and began skipping down the stairs. He thought about the war declared for about the seventieth time now, he had been super obsessed with that, and super worried too. Another war approaching? With cyborgs? With technology? With the Otsutsuki? The sound of it didn't feel pleasing at all. But then again, this was a war, there was no reason this was supposed to sound good at the least.

"Hey, kid! Watch where you're going—" and that was followed by a series of swear words as Boruto accidentally tripped on the old man's cart and fell side-by-side with it. He got up quickly before the enraged grandpa could get him and continued running.