CHAPTER 26: Dreams with meaning.

A week had passed since the day he left the hospital. And now, his mother was overcautious about him and he was treated like a child in the house... who could blame them?

He was officially in Sarada's place now, except that he was house-ridden instead. His best friends paid him several visits, just like with Sarada.

These days, he would just roam around in his room, eat when bored, play games maybe or train. His physical form was the same, nothing had changed even after the multiple weeks he'd spent in the hospital.

Boruto knew he had become far stronger though, he could honestly feel the power flowing in his blood and nerves, but the power wasn't his, it was Momoshiki's... and talking of Momoshiki, Boruto hadn't had the chance to speak to him yet. Every time he would enter his inner space, Momoshiki would disappear. How adamant...

Anyway, Boruto's nightmares hadn't ended. Every day, he would be woken by Himawari or his mother, telling him he had been screaming in the middle of the night, and he would feel guilty every time he woke up like that, who wouldn't? If your whole family woke halfway through their already little sleep just because of your unease...

A few days ago, he'd gotten a dream where Kawaki had been fighting with Isshiki Otsutsuki, similar to the way Boruto had fought Momoshiki. His adoptive brother had grown taller as he had seemed in the dream, he was tanned, muscular and well, far powerful compared to Boruto, who had seen the entire fight and realized Kawaki had fought evenly on par with Isshiki Otsutsuki, which both his father and Sasuke-san had barely managed, even after sacrificing the Bijuu within his father, although Kawaki had used Isshiki's own power against him by absorbing the power of the karma and using it against the guy who gave him the mark in the first place. A genius method Boruto knew he would never have had to use... so, in short, he had overpowered Isshiki and had total control over his power now, unlike the case with Boruto.

As everyone might think, how come Kawaki beat Isshiki and can command his power when Boruto can't with Momoshiki? That's because he wasn't trying to, he had better stuff to do than try and force the god within himself to share power he didn't want. He was strong enough without it, and plus, if he got the taste of the celestial being's power, he would never try and hone his own, and his base would just be absolute trash...

There was an almost inaudible knock on the door, "may I come in?" that was his mother. She had been so damn freaked and panicked when he had met her the first time after waking up from the coma, he could still remember taking medicine for healing the head bump his mom had given him for being reckless...

"yes" he responded finally, after almost a minute of thinking.

She walked in and sat on his bed, placing a tray of food on the desk. "Is everything alright?" she asked him, raising her eyebrows in concern. Boruto nodded slowly. "Why don't you go out tonight?" he knew what was up, and what his mother was trying to make him do.
Boruto had been feeling cut off toward everyone the past two days, his mother probably could see it, so she had been suggesting ways to get back to his normal self again.

"I'm okay Okaasan, you don't have to worry about me," he said. "I'm not a kid anymore dattebasa" a look of hurt passed his mother's face, and he instantly regretted it, that must've sounded harsh... "Look, I'm sorry Okaasan. It's just— the past few days, I've been having a lot of nightmares."

"It's alright" his mother exhaled deeply, "I know what you're going through Boruto, but the nightmares are just another phase—"

"No, they're not" Boruto interrupted, standing up and walking over to his computer chair. Once he sat down, he picked the chopsticks and poked a rice ball. Deciding that telling his mother was only going to do him good, he decided to reveal to her all the details; "Okaasan, I've had dreams... it's like they occurred in real life dattebasa. I saw... I saw Kawaki" he watched as his mother's eyebrows scrunched, he knew his mother was worried, but she didn't show it. "He was fighting Isshiki, like how I fought Momoshiki, but he used the power of karma, I don't know how that's possible, but somehow, he defeated Isshiki using his own power against him"