Chapter 5

Saying a quick goodbye, she walked to the front of the Ravenclaw table where the first years sat. The other five prefects already there, waiting for Antonella to arrive. Giving a short introduction to who they were, and how they can go to them whenever they had any issues. They quickly directed them out of the hall before all the other year grades could leave - the stairs up to the Ravenclaw tower was always intimidating at first.

Informing them that they must answer a riddle each time they enter, Thomas McKinnon suggested that it would be wise to stay together as sometimes the riddles are hard, but don't worry as someone will always be willing to give a hand. It wasn't until the entered the common room, with the first years gasping at the tall bookcases that followed to the roof, leaving only small gaps where reading balconies existed on each floor... their was seven floors. The common room looked like the library of dreams. It was clear, even if the bookcases and the tall standing statue of Rowena in the centre of the roomwere removed, that this was a Ravenclaw common room.

The light source came from blue flames, erupting out of ravens, and a few glowing bronze lamp stands. With it being the tallest tower, and the colour scheme of the night sky, the royal blue carpet had small details of the moon and stars.

But it was not how the books were intricately placed or the gushing noise of blue flames that caught everyone's attention at first - it was the glass roof. They could see the violet blue stars in the sky. Down pouring from the sky that couldn't be described as anything but the heavens, was the wistful blue and white dust that many ironically call "fairy dust".

"During exam season, you'll find that many of the older students use these common rooms to study... so I suggest to be at your quietest then..." Drawled the seventh year prefect, "The door is left slightly open, a tradition started when I was a first year... answering a riddle while trying to remember the history of the trolls war is pretty difficult."

They did leave a show between the door, stopping it was closing. A small blessing as Antonella would never admit that she never understood the riddles.

"As you've probably heard, you have to wait until your second year to apply for the Ravenclaw quidditch team-"

A brave first year asked why, and there was a small laugh between Antonella, Thomas and the seventh year prefects.

"Let's just say, a certain Gryffindor decided to ruin the fun in his first year- what was his name McKinnon?"

"Potter" his smile turning into a smirk.

With that, the seventh year prefects left to go over some of the rules the fifth year prefects needed to follow. Antonella should follow them, as this was her first time being a prefect. Instead, she was left to show the dormitories. Unlike what she heard of the Slytherin dormitories, where there was just one very long hall way, with boy to the left and girls to the right.

The Ravenclaw dormitories were different. Each year level had their own floor, with a small library common room. They have all been told countless times that Rowena Ravenclaw designed her house like this to ensure unity among the year grade, a place where you can ask your peers for help or play a friendly game of exploding snap.

Eventually, all the first years made it to their dorms, and on her way up the stairs to the sixth floor... she was crushed by Asterin's arms wrapped around her neck.

"Guys! I found the teacher's pet!"

"Get off me"

Behind her was Asterin's herd of friends, at least that was what Matilda said, with all of them climbing up the stained dark oak staircase, decorated with frames filled with ancient texts, and intricate bronze and blue swirls that reminded Antonella of a winter's night wind, engraved in the wooden handle. But the unfamiliar section of staircase meant nothing, as they were all becoming increasingly more excited to see what their sixth year common room would look like.