𝙜𝙧𝙪𝙢𝙥𝙮 𝙫𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙚'𝙨

pointless:
/ˈpoin(t)ləs/
a. having little to no sense,
use, or purpose

also see: valentine's day

「。。。」

There were a few other ways David could have spent his Valentine's day.

He could've stayed with his mum- treating her and himself to the wonders of rich chocolate and expensive wine. Or watching rom-coms with his celebrity friends. Or even writing a book he'd most likely never publish.

But he never imagine he'd spend it with Simon.

Though it wasn't of much pleasure due to Simon's displeasure of, his words, "such a dumb holiday."

"You're just the Valentine's day Grinch." David bumped the shorter's shoulder and smiled when he rolled his eyes. He'd dragged him out of his lonesome home to take a stroll in a nearby mall, claiming no one should spend cupid's day alone. And because as his boyfriend, it was his duty to spoil him that day.

"There's literally nothing special about today!"

Ignoring his complaints, David grabbed ahold of Simon's hand and swept him into a candy store.

The place was decorated with a variety of candies from ceiling to floor. Rows after rows of chocolate laid out for couples to see. Flying cupids and hearts hung from the ceiling;
L-O-V-E was playing from some speakers.

"Really?" Simon look unimpressed at the brunette, who was looking around with child like excitement at all the sweets on display.

David picked up a fancy box of gourmet chocolate covered strawberries, wiggling his brows at Simon. "You know you want some."

Simon smirked and, not letting go of David's hand, walked deeper into the store.

"Look! A bouquet of chocolate covered marshmallows," Simon presented them to David. He got on one knee and with exaggerated pronunciations, proclaimed, "Dave, my own loveth for thee is unmeasurable, liketh the minuscule size of thy brain." And like the mature adult he was, made kissy noises towards him.

Now it was David's turn to roll his eyes, "Even with how handsome you are, you look ridiculous right now."

Simon gave him a hearty laugh and stood. "You know you want some," he winked at him.

David, in return, gave him a wicked look, "You know what? I think I do." The tallest snaked his arm around Simon's waist, effectively pulling him flush against him. His other hand came up to gently hold Simon's cheek, his eyes molding into hearts at the sight of dark brown ones.

Simon instinctively held unto David's shirt and tilted his head forward. "I hate today, but I saw a fridge with about fifty cans of whip cream.."

"Yeah, ok, great. I'll go buy them all."

🖤

a/n:
happy late valentines
day baes <3