𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚

a/n: im not sure what got into me...
but here's your holy water

「。。。」

"So it's me and Dec in one room, Alesha and Amanda in another, and Simon with David in the last." Ant read from the list for who's sharing rooms with who. The judges and duo, alongside Stephen, had finally finished a hectic day of auditions. Everyone was beyond exhausted and was in desperate need for a bed.

"I'm sorry, what?" David sassily chirped in, "Me and Simon? In a room?"

"Yup!" Anthony had a sly smile on his face. A round of knowing giggles circled around the group.

"Oh, this ought to be fun," David slurred camply, making eye contact with a smirking Simon.

「。」

Being the gentleman he was, David let Simon enter the room first. He made his way in after him, subtly checking out the older man's backside.

The room was painted a series of grey and browns, giving off a relaxing vibe. A window took up an entire wall, the city of Manchester shining brightly from below. There was a small hall leading to a wide spaced bathroom, both with a ample tub and a shower big enough to fit 8 people. 'Might come in handy.'

Then, David noticed: smack in the middle of the room proudly stood one queen bed. He kept his posture and watched as Simon turned to look at David, a look in his eyes he couldn't identify. "Looks like we'll be sharing beds, darling."

"Do you mind?" David cocked my head sideways, catching the way Simon's body jerked in response, "I kick."

Simon chuckled, "Hoped you also swallow." He mumbled.

"Sorry? Didn't quite catch that."

He cleared his throat and threw his luggage on the bed, "Just saying I have to go shower. I'll be out shortly."

「。」

David laid comfortably on his side of the bed, a book in hand. The lights were off and only a small lamp lit the room.

At that moment, the world didn't exist. David was lost between each word written on the page. Chocolate eyes danced between paragraphs and his heart beat steadily. The smell of the yellowish cracked pages made the brunette feel at home, soothing his buzzing ball of nerves which had built up throughout the day. As he read on, there were no longer problems or people, he became the character: feeling, sensing, seeing how they were. David's body fell numb under the book's mesmeric spell.

"It would degrade me to marry Heathcliff now; so he shall never know how I love him; and that, not because he's handsome, Nelly, but because he's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same-"

A small ruffle of sheets and something—someone—pressed up against him brought him back to reality. A reality he didn't mind. Tightly wrapped around his torso, Simon's soft hair brushed his arm and his breath fanned the skin of his bare neck. Simon's slowly rising, nude chest against his side influenced the rouge appearing on his face.

「。」

The scent of pine washed over David, sharp and crisp, its earthy presence invading him with every inhale. Long shadows grew along the forest floor, tall trees swaying gently as a breeze blew past.