10. ❝Have you seen the Pokemon statue?❞

Barry is good at running

Leaving at the break of daylight and going straight ahead without much of any rest, he makes it to the entrance of Floaroma and he collapses in an exhausted heap.

Starly chirps snarkily from his perch at the signboard.

"What's that smug face for, ya jerk?" Barry snaps heatlessly, "trying to say you've been waiting for ages? That's cause flying's a straight road!"

Starly gives a sarcastic chirp, looking away.

Barry wonders if it's morally just to strangle your Starly. Anyways-- he stands up straight, catches his breath-- and grins.

"We made it to Floaroma!" he cheers, brightening up right away. "I can smell the honey from here! Let's go get some honey tea for breakfast, how about it?"

He steps forward, adjusting his scarf at his neck and looking at Piplup through his Poke Ball. He reckons he should drop by the Center first to heal up. It's barely daybreak now, so he'll probably make it to Eterna by evening if he rushes-- which means he won't need to rent a room here.

After depositing Piplup in the healing machine, Barry heads out toward Floaroma Meadow, knowing Starly had gone that way.

He passes by various tourists and trainers on the way, all who were friendly and chatting amongst themselves. They fight away from the flower beds, and Barry had the pleasure of watching a Meditite take down a Machop with Confusion. A Roselia whips out a barrage of leaves against a Bidoof, and the youngster whines, devastated by the lost.

Barry watches them, fascinated for a long time-- before finally finding Starly by the cafe, hanging around the branch of a nearby honey tree.

"Oh, are you that Starly's trainer?" a little girl asks, pointing excitedly at it, "it came in and beat up Mister Bug Catcher's Wurmple while you were gone!"

"It did what?" Barry gawks, turning sharply to the man dressed like a bug catcher in the corner. "Oh geez, I'm so sorry."

The man laughs, waving a half-eaten honey biscuit in his hands, "no hard feelings, kid!" he says, "he just wanted a biscuit, that's all."

What.

"Did he steal your food?" he says, incredulous.

"More like, he fought me for it."

Barry is going to have a conversation with that damn bird. "I am so sorry." The bird had the gall to huff dismissively from his branch. "Sarge! Come down here and apologize to the poor man!"

"It's fine, it's fine."

"No it is not!" Barry insists, "I'll buy you a new one."

"No seriously, it's fine."

"I insist!"

-