30. [LUCE obtained the SecretPotion!]

"You're lucky you didn't break any bones, but please watch that concussion," Lucian says.

Luce nods. His limbs all ached, but he only had bruises and scratches. It hurt all over to move around, but it's about as bad as muscle pains after a horrid day, so it's not bad enough to warrant bedrest.

Lopunny squints at him as he walks. Monferno is staring skeptically, and Togepi's got the exact same expression on him. The monkey's imprinting on him, he thought amusedly.

Luce crouches down, patting Ralts gratefully on the head. He doesn't have words to give, but Ralts' feeler gleamed, so he understands that he's gotten his feelings loud and clear.

Now, if he's going to give him to Barry, he'll need a name.

It'd be weird if Luce gave it a name in his own theme... but he's not familiar enough with military titles to confidently give Ralts one that's fitting. But Barry won't be able to change nicknames once the Pokemon change hands, so it'll have to be good.

Luce spends an embarrassingly long amount of time scribbling and rethinking names in his notepad with Lucian. Lucian chortles at some of his suggestions, but they eventually end up with one that Ralts was satisfied with.

He keeps the Shiny Ralts in a Poke Ball, and boots up the Pokemon Transfer system.

The nation's power was back on, which meant that now was the best time to do this. By putting up a Pokemon on hold for Barry in the Center's records, Ralts would be sent to whichever Pokemon Center Barry registers next.

"Alright. Now that's done with," Lucian says. "Now to officially fix the Psyduck problem!"

-

Apparently, they lost contact with Roy around Route 209.

Luce is flabbergasted, honestly. They were thinking he got assaulted by Galactic grunts on the way, or that he'd gotten lost, or anything equally incriminating— but all those worries were for naught.

Roy's asleep by the Hallowed Tower.

No no, let's rephrase that.

There's a nest of Bibarel and Bidoofs by the Hallowed Tower, where the occasional Bonsly and Roselia have taken to reside around, filling the area with comfortable grass bedding. And in the middle of that warm cuddle pile is young man Roy himself, sleeping soundly with a Bidoof in his arms, hugged like a plush toy.

They are all wild Pokemon.

That is not natural, and yet, somehow or the other, this was a human being that the Pokemon have deemed comforting enough to build a sleeping area around. It just isn't— logical. How on earth is this happening?